Pocket Cruisers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
RunningTide
Vessel Make
37 Louisiane catamaran
I don't see that this has been mentioned, but I thought some homebuilder might find some ideas and designs here interesting
Mark V Designs

And here, a step-by-step blog of building this 39 footer
Sep 00

Attachments

• Mark V 39.jpg
    Mark V 39.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,300
Mundoo Vessels

...another one I happened across

The Mundoo Luxury, Low Iimpact Estuarine Cruisers
The Mundoo series of luxury, low impact estuarine cruisers have evolved over the years to culminate in the fleet you see now.

These wood/epoxy composite riverboats were designed and built to suit the local waters of the River Murray, one of the biggest river systems in Australia. Parts of this river are just too fast, with snags just under and above the water, to allow regular houseboats to navigate. So, the Mundoo was designed. Manoeuvrable, tough, shallow draft, quick, comfortable and environmentally friendly. These features make it a perfect craft for river waterways, estuaries and lakes.​

Last edited:
Small Cruising Riverboat

Introducing - Egress (RYD25.3)

PARyachts

This is the second smallest in a series of riverboat design, ranging is size from 24' to 50'. Shes a very simple build, flat bottomed and once again I've doubled up the planking on the bottom to make her tough. This boat was originally intended for construction with little more than big box store materials. She has evolved a bit, but she still can use mostly big box store goods.

Outboard powered and because of her shape, very economical to operate, though restricted to displacement speeds. Intended as a weekend getaway, she'll comfortably house a couple in one a of a few different interior accommodation arrangements. Egress has a raised pilothouse for easy viewing and better vantage of the road ahead.

She's built conventionally, with plywood over frames in the hull, but has foam cored, covered with plywood cabin sides and roof to keep her weight down.
Egress profile.jpg

Note:....an outboard powered Pilgrim coastal trawler type :ermm:

....and a larger one
Riverboat designs - Page 2 - Boat Design Forums

Last edited:
>Shes a very simple build, flat bottomed and once again I've doubled up the planking on the bottom to make her tough<

Good Idea , every cruiser that unties from the dock will eventually run aground.

One specifically built as an inshore cruiser will probably take the ground more often.

I fancy the box keel as a smaller area needs to be heavily reinforced , and the boats ability to ground with no harm could be a huge positive in crowded northern harbors.

All the great anchoring areas have mooring balls , so the shallows is a huge almost totally inactive anchoring resource.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom