Adverts in Posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatpapabear

Vessel Name
Play d'eau
Vessel Make
Fleming 55
How come adverts are appearing in some posts being made? Anyone know?

Until yesterday, I kept my computer settings pretty open to accept those ads, but man.....when that hideous toe fungus ad kept coming up everywhere I went on the site, I reset my Java settings to cut them out. No thanks.

Until yesterday, I kept my computer settings pretty open to accept those ads, but man.....when that hideous toe fungus ad kept coming up everywhere I went on the site, I reset my Java settings to cut them out. No thanks.

I feel it's a total invasion. So much so that I've started a list to ensure we don't do business with those who advertise in this way!

Is there anything I should do to stop them? Meaning, is it my PC or the site?

Ad's

CP's right...as soon as I logged in they quit

Are you "logged in" to your account when this happens?

That explains it. I bought a new computer and was perusing the site without logging in. Still, the Java adjustments did eliminate the ads. Of course, there is a needed balance between the ad productivity of any site vs. the sharing, but if prospective new members are seeing all those ads when checking out the site, shewww....I'm glad I'm a member.

A "perk" of forum membership at most advertising supported forums is those ads within posts are removed when you log into your account.

For those of you whom do not understand what we are talking about simply log out at the top of the page and view a few threads then log back into your account to see the disappearing act.

For those of you whom have been lurking the forum feel free to sign up and get an account and you too can enjoy fewer ads:flowers: No rule says you have to post, though we're pretty friendly and hardly ever bite,,, much. ...and no, we do NOT sell your email addresses. The site team here jealously guards that info and work pretty hard to keep this place spam free.

I kinda like that well built gal who will help me learn Spanish while perusing the twin screw thread. :socool:

I kinda like that well built gal who will help me learn Spanish while perusing the twin screw thread. :socool:

Oh yeah! I didn't mind that one a bit. In fact, I was considering inserting the ad photo into one of Eric's "buttock line" conversations.

Are you "logged in" to your account when this happens?

Hi CP. I've tested your idea and I think you're right and I can understand the need to keep increasing revenues.

But the issue I have is that it looks as though the person making the post is endorsing the ad.

Can a disclaimer or something be added?

Well, in that case I endorse the sexy one for Spanish lessons :smitten:
and reject the one for toe fungus.:nonono::nonono:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom