Howdy from Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hicecil

Vessel Name
Just The Two Of Us
Vessel Make
Prairie 29
I'm new to the trawler world and enjoy reading all the good info and advice in this forum. Safe boating to all.

I'm new to the trawler world and enjoy reading all the good info and advice in this forum. Safe boating to all.

Hi Cecil. That is my old boat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to trawler forum!!!!! And congrats on the new boat as I assume that it was just sold and that you are the new owner. What a fantastic "little" boat that is. I bought it in 1999 in Gulf Springs Mississippi and brought it to the Galveston Bay area. We had many good times on that little ship. No horror stories....just good times. Welcome!!!

Welcome, I'm fairly new, to a trawler, myself. Just sold my sailboat and living the life of ease. Where do you keep your boat? If you're ever in the Clear Lake, Kemah area, give us a shout. Enjoy your new boat, I know I have and there is a great bunch on this site. Good reading and good info.

Yes welcome! Yet another Texan! I am two posts ahead of you otherwise you would of been welcoming me lol

A neighbor here, Welcome. I keep my boat in Houma, La. just off mile GICW mile 57 West of harvey Locks. Houma's City dock is a good stop near downtown. Any of you folks stopping there let me know in advance, if I'm free I'll stop by.

Hi Cecil. That is my old boat!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... We had many good times on that little ship. No horror stories....just good times. Welcome!!!

HiCecil,

Welcome to Trawler Forum. We've heard many good things about the Prairie 29 over the years...and a few stories from Baker about how much he loved that boat.

Since you're new here and may not yet be familiar with the folks here, let me just say that Baker is a respected mariner in these parts and is also a pilot. If that was my boat, I'd have great confidence in the many systems, but I'd replace the mattress. :eek::socool:

:D

HiCecil,

... I'd have great confidence in the many systems, but I'd replace the mattress. :eek::socool:

:D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::D:D:facepalm:

I think the owner in between us likely took care of that!!!

I'd have great confidence in the many systems, but I'd replace the mattress. :eek::socool:
Now, that's pretty damn funny and quite informative!:lol::lol::lol:

Welcome aboard, fellow Texan!

:lol:Baker, are you going to take that lying down?:D

image-640194844.jpg

These are my "mattress models" on the new boat...:)

And the surveyor thought those streaks on the v-berth walls were caused by leakage from the handrail fittings. Honey, hand me the 409, please! Thanks for the welcomes and the history. Hope to learn more, I guess.

And the surveyor thought those streaks on the v-berth walls were caused by leakage from the handrail fittings. Honey, hand me the 409, please! Thanks for the welcomes and the history. Hope to learn more, I guess.

HiCecil, there's a lot of pressure on you to uphold the "tradition".:D

Cecil, sorry to hijack your thread. These guys just have to take a shot at me when they see the chance. Please tell us(me) how the boat is doing and what your plans are for it. Also where you will be keeping it. Anyway, welcome to Trawler Forum and enjoy your stay here!!!!

No problem, enjoyed the exchange. The boat is in better than average condition and made the trips from Kemah to Galveston and Galveston to Beaumont without a hitch. Notations in your maintenance log were very helpful. I plan to stick around the upper coast for the near future and take care of a few projects before venturing too far from home. I'd like to speak with you on the phone sometime about this boat if you have the time. Thanks again for the welcome!

No problem, enjoyed the exchange. The boat is in better than average condition and made the trips from Kemah to Galveston and Galveston to Beaumont without a hitch. Notations in your maintenance log were very helpful. I plan to stick around the upper coast for the near future and take care of a few projects before venturing too far from home. I'd like to speak with you on the phone sometime about this boat if you have the time. Thanks again for the welcome!

I will send you a PM with my number. Call anytime!

Back
Top Bottom