How do you change your avatar.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tidahapah

Guru
Vessel Name
Flora
Vessel Make
Timber southern cray boat
I would like to change the photo in my avatar but can't see a way to do it.
How is it done
Cheers
benn

OK It looks like I have done it.
Cheers
Benn

Changing the avatar is bad in a fairly important way. It identifies you. When people glance at your old and familiar avatar they know it's you w/o even thinking or reading a name. To a large degree people know what to expect in the post when they see your avatar.
I changed my user name from Nomadwilly to Manyboats after a several month absence and many didn't like it. It was confusing. I should not have changed it but it would have been even more confusing.
If one has a bad avatar or user name changing by carefully selecting a new one changing it once may be a good idea. Mark changes avatars more often than some of us change shirts and I think he has fun doing it. The bottom line is having fun and if musical identity photos get the most fun that's what one should do.
Tideapah .. I did like your old avatar better.:ermm:

Changing the avatar is bad in a fairly important way. It identifies you. When people glance at your old and familiar avatar they know it's you w/o even thinking or reading a name. To a large degree people know what to expect in the post when they see your avatar.
I changed my user name from Nomadwilly to Manyboats after a several month absence and many didn't like it. It was confusing. I should not have changed it but it would have been even more confusing.
If one has a bad avatar or user name changing by carefully selecting a new one changing it once may be a good idea. Mark changes avatars more often than some of us change shirts and I think he has fun doing it. The bottom line is having fun and if musical identity photos get the most fun that's what one should do.
Tideapah .. I did like your old avatar better.:ermm:
That said Eric, I think the new Avatar of Benn's is really neat. I'm jealous of those masts and sails.
However, since you raise the issue, I liked your Nomadwilly username better than Manyboats, as you haven't had that many, boats that is - and the name linked with your vessel make and name extremely well. How about you getting it changed back to Nomadwilly..? I'm sure Craig (CPseudonym) would be happy to oblige, and I assure you, we others could cope with the change, for sure. To me you have always been Nomadwilly.

Last edited:
I'd like to change my Avatar to one with the boat underway & sails raised, but don't have any photo's of that. Tough to do when I am on the boat.
A boat photo underway always looks better than one sitting at the dock.

My apologies in advance,Eric.

AusCan, isn't there a local TFer to take a photo of Kokanee under sail?

Thanks to Al FlyWright:

img_180673_0_be3d2ea386eb8cf879616647c6202bbb.jpg

I'd like to change my Avatar to one with the boat underway & sails raised, but don't have any photo's of that. Tough to do when I am on the boat.
A boat photo underway always looks better than one sitting at the dock.

My apologies in advance,Eric.
Yes, bit hard to take a selfie of your boat under way, when you are on it, that is. You have to set it up with another boater to take one for you and then email you the pic. I still have yet to achieve this myself, but the nearest you can get is to take one from the dink while anchored on a nice day. Now Auscan, as your sail is not that powerful, I reckon you could do that, and get one with the sail up at anchor, taken from such an angle as to hide the anchor chain, and as long as you had crew on board to drop the sail quiickly if the wind got a bit strong, I think you could achieve what you are after that way. How say you..?
That's how I took my Avatar pic....ahhhh...Mark...you stuck that in just as I went to post..yet another pic of the Coot...don't you ever sleep...isn't it night over there now..?

Last edited:
...Mark...you stuck that in just as I went to post..yet another pic of the Cootm...isn't it night over there now..?

Yes!

img_180676_0_de3a09fa0fcc55d2bc670a1e650f86e4.jpg

Bugga..walked right into that, didn't I..? He got yet another pic out of that..!

Back
Top Bottom