New forum member.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fifthtolly

This is the first and only forum I have joined. I have been boating since 1960 starting in Everett, WA. I currently own a 1986 44 Tolly CPMY, puchased in Sept. 2012. I am reminded that being fuel efficient may mean going at about "Hull Speed". On this vessel that is about nine knots and burns about 5 to 6 total GPH (twin 350 Crusaders with 1100 hours on each)although it drives the wife crazy. I live in Shelter Bay Community and have a dock on my lot. The boat is a pleasant place to be even when docked.
Does anyone out there have a consumption Vs speed chart for a twin gas 44 Tolly CPMY they are willing to share? Also I have a hardtop sundeck with canvas all around that has shrunk. I would like to repair or replace it but use a non shrinking material/canvas or ?. Any Ideas?

John

Welcome to the forum. When you talk about fuel consumption I am sure you will find lots of information / and opinions.

Marty

Welcome aboard. Since this is the first and only forum you ever joined, then you picked a good one to get initiated. The members are both friendly and knowledgeable, and that is hard to beat!

John

... I am reminded that being fuel efficient may mean going at about "Hull Speed". ...

My boat is nearly 40-50% more efficient at one knot below hull speed (6.3 knots) versus hull (maximum) speed (7.3 knots).

232323232%7Ffp734%3A6%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D398%3B%3B%3A9772336nu0mrj

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom