More shade ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Thinking about getting some more shade. Tell me what you think .Is the boat too short for this mod?
I think it would help if it was raised a little in the front and went with the sheer line of or with the angle of the pilothouse roof. I'm trying also to get some protection for those sliding doors. It won't hang out over the cap rail.It would be in the same line as the roof on the aft deck. Probably use canvas but maybe hardtop.I call this "gangsta sade "

Attachments

• william biloxi rev.jpg
    william biloxi rev.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 136
I like it. I would do it. Looks better with it. Removable for storms?

I like it too. If you are considering changing the profile a bit, you might look at some Biloxi Luggers for some ideas.

I like the look but don't understand the goal. Are you planning to spend time lounging on the forward cabin house roof? If so, I get it. Would think while you're at it you'd want to expand the shade over the aft cockpit, no? I guess if you're doing some fishing, then no.

I like the look but don't understand the goal. Are you planning to spend time lounging on the forward cabin house roof? QUOTE]

Shading the trunk cabin and forward windows will go a long way towards lowering the cabin and salon temps.

The main reason for the extra shade is to get some weather (rain water mostly ) off of the sliding doors and I thought it would look better to extend it further forward like a Biloxi trawler. The boat doesn't have much cabin space but it has great outside lounging space ( about a 12 x 14 area ) with most of that covered with hardtop .The hardtop is much cooler than canvas. I've thought about swim platform and extending the aft top to cover it as well.I could use more cabin space and thought about enclosing a portion of the aft deck ,but I'm afraid it will change the look of the boat too much.May be just move up someday to a 42 Kadey Krogen ( in my dreams ).

I like it, if she was mine I would certainly do it...

The main reason for the extra shade is to get some weather (rain water mostly ) off of the sliding doors and I thought it would look better to extend it further forward like a Biloxi trawler. The boat doesn't have much cabin space but it has great outside lounging space ( about a 12 x 14 area ) with most of that covered with hardtop .The hardtop is much cooler than canvas. I've thought about swim platform and extending the aft top to cover it as well.I could use more cabin space and thought about enclosing a portion of the aft deck ,but I'm afraid it will change the look of the boat too much.May be just move up someday to a 42 Kadey Krogen ( in my dreams ).

Ah, got it! I'd say go for it. You can never have too much covered out door living space!

I am looking at putting a shade sail (triangular) from the bow up to the upper structure to give the front some shade and also some shade cloth window covers as well...the Texas Gulf sun is brutal and its difficult to keep the cabin temps bearable in summer...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom