Marine Trader - Tradewinds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Virginias Run

Veteran Member
Hello, and thank you for the opportunity to be part of this forum. I have always used the experience of others (good and bad) as part of my decision making process. I the aviation community, "lessons learned" was a forum posted by pilots who found themselves in trying situations, and talked about how they got there, what they did, and if faced with the same issue, how they would do it differently. Forums like this allow us as users to take advantage of others successes and mistakes, in order to make our nautical experience the best it can be.

That said, I am considering a 47 Marine Trader, (Tradewinds), with a pair of 210 HP Cummins for power. At this point I am trying to ascertain operational cost, in particular, fuel use at ~80% of max power. All thoughts on this vessel are absolutely welcome.

I am reluctantly moving away from a 36' glass over wood boat, with a 4cyl Ford Senator. Very tough decision, as loosing her will be like loosing a watch that has been on my arm for years!

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to remaining involved in this forum.

Welcome aboard. Cannot be any help with your question, alas, but glad to have you with us. And I am sure that lots of other people on here CAN help you with the question.

John

Greetings,
Welcome aboard by. There are a couple of other members from "The Rock" on board so you're in good company. There is a plethora of information in the archives on Taiwanese vessels. Get a good survey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom