Is This a Trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THD

Guru
Not too sure this qualifies as a trawler although I an pretty sure it is not a planing hull! We don't get many of these in Seattle, so we had to ride by a check it out.

Serene, a 440 ft Fincantieri owned by the Russian that owns Stolichnaya vodka. It even has its own submarine! The only place they could dock it was at the cruise ship docks.

We heard the Captain on the radio talking to the VTS folks and the harbor folks looking for dockage. The Captain's description was "This is Serene, we are a large yacht". Well, duh!

Attachments

• Party Boat.jpg
    Party Boat.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 162
No...it's a vodka palace, clearly...

Not humble enough to pass for a trawler. It's a megayacht.

Think they didn't have dockage reserved before they got there? Kind of big to just call in when they got there.

It`s no trawler. Once again, money and good taste part company.

Another sad example of the inverse relationship between boat and penis size.

Another sad example of the inverse relationship between boat and penis size.

Similar to a Harley Davidson exhaust noise.

By THD "
"We heard the Captain on the radio talking to the VTS folks and the harbor folks looking for dockage. The Captain's description was "This is Serene, we are a large yacht". Well, duh! "

The Captain gave VTS a misleading description.
He should have said, "This is Serene, we are a large UGLY A-- yacht"
Sorry but that is my humble opinion

Its more than I need, but it is cool. Id love to see the engine room!

Find out what most megayachts are used for before sniping because you can't afford one...;)....

Looks to me like the marine architect that designed this had a little too much Stoli himself. This boat is seriously ugly.

The Serene has 8 12 cyl MTUs for power! But they only run one while cruising!

THD- I'm willing to bet that even at over 400' fuel is still the cheapest part of owning that boat.

I watched Serene ghost past Campbell River about a month ago and I thought she looked magnificent.

THD- I'm willing to bet that even at over 400' fuel is still the cheapest part of owning that boat.

Would be interesting depending on how many days underway every year and at what speeds....

Would be interesting depending on how many days underway every year and at what speeds....

Way I see it fuel is the only controllable expense based on almost entirely on what you point out. Crew(perhaps 30 or more) berthage, insurance, maintenance, etc are pretty well fixed expenses not all that different from our boats. Except on a scale most of us couldn't possibly fathom. :)

Way I see it fuel is the only controllable expense based on almost entirely on what you point out. Crew(perhaps 30 or more) berthage, insurance, maintenance, etc are pretty well fixed expenses not all that different from our boats. Except on a scale most of us couldn't possibly fathom. :)

Might have a crew that big...may also have a crew of 10 or so...still a huge expense...

RickB might have a handle on it.

He knows how to add those zeros and talk about boats half the size...ooops this one IS as big as the Polar Icebreakers I used to serve on and fly helos off of....:eek:

To answer the OPs question....well...maybe...maybe not...well I'm not sure...yep.... Nope...not a trawler...:socool:

Serene has a crew of 52 to handle the max 24 guests.

Serene has a crew of 52 to handle the max 24 guests.

I'll bet less than 10 to run the boat and the rest to serve Vodka...and turn down sheets.:D

I'll bet less than 10 to run the boat and the rest to serve Vodka...and turn down sheets.:D

I wouldn't be surprised if half of the staff was devoted to security.

I wonder why she didn't anchor out and take the 'dingy' (probably a 40-footer) to shore. Must have had a good need to be tied up dockside.

Serene was at the docks and in drydock here in North Vancouver for a couple of months. It's actually a very nice looking boat - and it's huge! That picture does not do it justice....

How large is her fuel bill? Measured in tons, not gallons, that's for sure.

232323232%7Ffp54364%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D396%3A%3C374%3B%3B336nu0mrj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom