Planning and Dreaming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milyon

Hello to all. New member here. I am a ways from joining the trawler owner fraternity but one has to start somewhere. I thought this forum would be a great place to listen and learn! When I do convince my bride of 42 years that my desire for a slow but elegant boat is reasonable, the cruising ground will primarily be the Great Lakes.
Look forward to reading a great deal about trawler life.

Hey Milyon, Welcome from a former AHHS grad (Class of 64!!). Nice to see you on here. You live in/on some of the most beautiful boating waters around. I loved the Great Lakes when I lived back there and often wish I had a way to get my boat back there for a summer. I actually bought it off Lake St. Clair and had it shipped out here. It was tempting to leave it there for a summer and enjoy the lakes but that just couldn't be worked out.

Any ways, welcome aboard. Sit back, grab a cold one and learn a lot. (By the way, our 50th reunion is next year so I'll be back in Saginaw for at least a couple of weeks.)

GFC

Milyon, welcome to the forum!

The Great Lakes, unsalted, are arguably the best cruising grounds around, and a slow elegant offshore cruiser is what I chose to explore these waters and do the Great Loop.

Adventures of Great Laker

Welcome to the forum, Milyon. You're sure to get a wide spectrum of opinions here on your "elegant" qualification, but I think most everyone will agree on "slow". Anything out there that trips your trigger yet?

thanks for the reply. Class of 64 means you have me by a few years. I grew up in Traverse City class of 67 TCSF.

Welcome to the forum, Milyon. You're sure to get a wide spectrum of opinions here on your "elegant" qualification, but I think most everyone will agree on "slow". Anything out there that trips your trigger yet?
Something smaller, 32' plus or minus, and leaning toward a tug. Actually open to anything my budget can handle.

Welcome aboard. I like the "planning and dreaming" theme. I did that also, and not sure now which was the most fun!

John

Mylon,,, we just bought an american tug 34 and had it shipped back to the factory where we will be cruising in the pnw [[from detroit] i follow the ads on yachtworld and there is what looks to be a pristine at34 for sale in mich..---- check it out and welcome aboard steveandtina

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom