Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
RichardCranium

City: Casacais
Vessel Name: TBA
Vessel Model: Trawler
Post Hello!

Well, the time has arrived when I need to start thinking about retirement, 40 years of travelling and living on several Continents. Originally from UK but now settled in Cascais near Lisbon, Portugal.
some thirty years ago I messed around with power boats, nothing more than 37ft but in some challenging weather in the English Chanel.

So today I think that I could live aboard for most of the year and travel, ( I have a truck rigged for Africa Expeditions) a little when winter comes.
So now I have a lot of learning to do!, so far I like Trawlers around 49/50ft, Marine Trader seems to fit the bill. I can make a living by Broadband so that's first consideration, a small office in the saloon would suit, a sizeable aft cabin and a decent sized Galley, again in the Saloon area. Speed is unimportant as long as it can safely make passage up to UK very occasionally.I am single but have a good circle of friends so maybe accommodation in the Saloon and one forward cabin. Financially, I think I have around 180,000 euros but should I buy and fix up or find ( and pay more for) a boat already fixed?. Obviously a lot more considerations but once I can framework the type of boat/model etc, I can get down to the detail.
Regards,
Chris.
RichardCranium is offline   Reply With Quote