Island Gypsy Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brizvagas Mark

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Polaris
Vessel Make
Ray Kemp Cruiser/Motor Sailer
Hi,

I have looked at an IG30 and was disappointed with the small size of the forward cabin.

So I am now looking at the IG32 can anyone advise if the 32 forward cabin is bigger than the 30?

Thanks,

So I am now looking at the IG32 can anyone advise if the 32 forward cabin is bigger than the 30?
I've never seen an IG 30 so I can't compare the two staterooms. I can say, however, that my Halvorsen 32 (IG, if you will) has a nice size S.R. with a separate shower from the head. The bed is queen size although not all IG 32s are set up that way. :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_3357.jpg
    IMG_3357.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 132
The IG 32' is a terrific boat. The builders seem to have got the design and functionality of the boat about right.They are certainly one of the best 32' trawler style boats going around. Not cheap though.

A while back a member posted a boat comparison of a IG 32 vs GB 32, both good boats , check archives, it is worth reading.

There are a few members here that have IG 32' and I am sure they will sing their praises too.

Andy G;170513A while back a member posted a boat comparison of a IG 32 vs GB 32 said:
I plead guilty to the above statement. I'm quite sure it was me who posted that comparison and I admit to being extremely biased on the subject. I will say, however, that I am embarrassed to say just how much time I spent on researching those two boats and arriving at the conclusion to buy the IG 32. They are terrific little cruisers!

Attachments

• GB32 v IG32.e-mailablepdf copy.pdf
    502.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
The IG 32 is a a roomy boat, saloon size is impressive, similar to a 36. My less clear recall of the 32 V-berth: not as spacious as Walt`s 2005 model. I doubt head and shower will be separate, they are only separate on my 36 Europa because a PO spent up converting a dressing/wardrobe to a shower.
You should find a 32, with interior pics, on yachthub.com.au and/or boatpoint.com.au, which may help.
Have you considered a Fairway 36? You`ll be spoilt for choice, and they have good layouts.

Head & Shower on our 2001 IG32 are separate. Reasonably spacious queen size berth, but a bit of a frig to get in and out or, not to mention to make up.

Mark, I looked at 2 32s on boatpoint, it really is a V berth, with the centre V gap, (which can be filled with a timber insert with foam cushioning), but still won`t amount to a "queen".
As well as a Fairway (often with Perkins single), a Markline 1100 (usually twin Volvos but check for shaft drives, not sterndrives) might interest, less fuel efficient and not really a semi displacement hull, but a very accommodating boat.

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments.

I have looked at all available photos for the IG32 and GB32 to try and get a better perspective.

MG

Back
Top Bottom