Pinging FF please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knotheadcharters

Vessel Name
Amar la Vida
Vessel Make
1989 Carver Californian 48' MY
"If not the unit must be emptied about monthly to replace the air absorbed by the water in it.
With no way to pressurize it one of the biggest advantages of an accumulator is lost." quote by FF

This is something you had said on another post about an accumulator tank. I have a Groco senior waterpump with 3 gallon accumulator. It is not pumping water, The tank is one piece and does not appear to have a bladder. When I hit the airvalve I get water out of it. DO I need to drain this occasionally? My last boat did not have a tank, so I am not familiar.

Thanks for the help. Anyone else can add there take, just trying to solve this issue.

a picture of the tank would be helpful. but based on what you say about water coming out of the air valve, the bladder in the tank is burst OR if the tank has no bladder, the air has escaped out of it and the tank needs to be drained.
along these lines, 9/10 people i deal with think that their pressure tank does not have a bladder, when in fact it does. a schrader valve on the top is a good indicator that it does have a bladder.

9/10 people i deal with think that their pressure tank does not have a bladder, when in fact it does. a schrader valve on the top is a good indicator that it does have a bladder.

:thumb::thumb:

Echos my experience too.

If a bladder is present water out of the schrader valve means tank replacement.

Thanks guys, I'm thinking the same. The reason I say no bladder is the tank seems to be one piece but I could be wrong. I am heading to the boat on Monday. Either way it needs to be replaced or drained. I'll post a picture of the tank and give an update next week.

Back
Top Bottom