Thanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billleavey

Hey guys, thanks for the replies to my search for Aussies on this site. Obviously I didn't look in the right places.

I have been asked to add some info about myself which will help to get the right answers or advice. That's o k but I am new to this site and not very tech savvy. I am a bit of an EPIRB (elderly person in rubber boat) and struggle around these sites. Grand daughter will be home soon and may be able to help
It was suggested I go to user control panel to fill in my details, well I have to admit, I can't find the damn thing. Will keep looking so watch this space, I have lots of questions for you guys from oz

Bill, it's in the left hand end of the red band at the top of the main forum screen, called User CP...see it there just under the thread heading, in this case under your Thanks heading..
Click on it, then select whatever it is you want to do.
You will see there on the right a list of threads you have been following (if you have posted anything in it.
Then down the left side are the places where you can fine tune things. It is all fairly obvious and intuitive what to do when you click the various options open. I recommend you do your profile at the top and also go through the the 3rd section of settings & options. You will find you don't need a lot of the options, but it is usually found that you don't want an email notification re every time someone posts on a thread you have posted on, so most un-check that one. It's easy enough to follow who has posted what by just checking out the latest post un-read in the right column headed Trawler Discussions which appears there on all the forum screens.
Hope that helps.

Bill, it's in the left hand end of the red band at the top of the main forum screen, called User CP...see it there just under the thread heading, in this case under your Thanks heading..
Click on it, then select whatever it is you want to do.
You will see there on the right a list of threads you have been following (if you have posted anything in it.
Then down the left side are the places where you can fine tune things. It is all fairly obvious and intuitive what to do when you click the various options open. I recommend you do your profile at the top and also go through the the 3rd section of settings & options. You will find you don't need a lot of the options, but it is usually found that you don't want an email notification re every time someone posts on a thread you have posted on, so most un-check that one. It's easy enough to follow who has posted what by just checking out the latest post un-read in the right column headed Trawler Discussions which appears there on all the forum screens.
Hope that helps.

Hey Peter, thanks for your help but I can't find any thing on this I Pad so I will try from work on my pc on Thursday when I get back to the office.
Bill

Hey Peter, thanks for your help but I can't find any thing on this I Pad so I will try from work on my pc on Thursday when I get back to the office.
Bill
Aha, Bill, that will make it easier for sure. I use the iPad quite a bit also, but usually find the MacBook laptop much easier to navigate and do editing stuff. I have actually found that the inbuilt iPad browser, Safari is easier to use than the iPad/iPhone app actually, just in case that's what you are using. The iPad/iPhone app is best for the iPhone, but the iPad is big enough for Safari to work fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom