Remote Control Model Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baggiolini

Vessel Name
Mahalo
Vessel Make
Defever 44
I'm on a hunt for a remote control trawler so I can disrupt those off season Model Victoria Sailboat races at the yacht club. Anyone ever seen anything like that? I see lots of go fast boats and an occasional lobster boat but no trawlers.

It depends on how much you want to spend. You could shop the hobby stores which specialize in radio controlled boats and buy a "close match" to your boat. Another option is to have a replica made of your boat and have it fitted with a radio control system. The boat I'm holding is a close replica to our Mahalo Moi which I had made by a company in Oregon. I chose not to have radio control added due to added cost at the time. However, I am tempted to try to fit it myself someday when I have more time.

image-3906658969.jpg

Or just get a bigger/faster sailboat and have fun driving them crazy.....:thumb:

We carry two of these International One Metre (39" long/7' tall) RC models on our PT 38, great time for the kids we meet when cruising.....even great for Big kids too! More on our boat's website under IOM

Attachments

• Thee.jpg
    Thee.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
It depends on how much you want to spend. You could shop the hobby stores which specialize in radio controlled boats and buy a "close match" to your boat. Another option is to have a replica made of your boat and have it fitted with a radio control system. The boat I'm holding is a close replica to our Mahalo Moi which I had made by a company in Oregon. I chose not to have radio control added due to added cost at the time. However, I am tempted to try to fit it myself someday when I have more time.

View attachment 21343

Ray, who built that for you and what did it cost? I love it.

Or just get a bigger/faster sailboat and have fun driving them crazy.....:thumb:

We carry two of these International One Metre (39" long/7' tall) RC models on our PT 38, great time for the kids we meet when cruising.....even great for Big kids too! More on our boat's website under IOM

Love it. Those are huge, probably twice the size of a Victoria. Great pictures!

Back
Top Bottom