Is it possible to recover a downloaded photo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
A couple of years ago I downloaded a photo of our mighty hound, Basil.

The computer it was on has crashed and we have lost the photo. It is still on an old thread and I would dearly like to get it back, to remember the old mutt by.

Is it possible?

Cheers,

Andy

If you can still see it, you can grab it. The easiest thing would be to right-click and save it (assuming Windows OS). However, if it's like this forum where you can post a link to wherever it's really saved, you may get a better resolution image by going right to that site, since some forum software will re-size large images for displaying.

This guy here:

attachment.php

Andy, If the motherboard died, but the hard drive is good, you can sometimes retrieve the data from the hard drive with an external drive enclosure like this.

They're inexpensive and you just need to remove your old hard drive, plug it into the enclosure, hook up the USB to another PC or laptop and access your files.

Good luck on getting your pics back.

I recently lost a 1.5TB drive with better than 10 years of digital pics on it. Some were not replaceable. I ended up sending the drive to a company in Ohio that recovered them and transferred them to a new drive. They now reside on a 8TB RAID5 network storage device (and a couple of old hard drives in my safe). :)

It's amazing how panicked you get when faced with losing that many memories at once. :(

I think these are your dog:

Attachments

• img_0103.jpg
    img_0103.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 225
  • img_0107.jpg
    img_0107.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 183
  • img_0123.jpg
    img_0123.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 253
  • img_0202.png
    img_0202.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 250
You guys are good,I get up this morning and there's the mighty hound in all his shaggy glory. I'll try the suggestions, thanks again.

Andy, not sure what system you use in your computer. On a PC I just "right" click with the cursor over the photo and go down the menu to "save photo", or some such wording. If it doesn't work send me a PM with your email and I'll email the photos directly to you.

A couple of years ago I downloaded a photo of our mighty hound, Basil.

The computer it was on has crashed and we have lost the photo. It is still on an old thread and I would dearly like to get it back, to remember the old mutt by.

Is it possible?

Cheers,

Andy

Andy (or anyone else for that matter),

While working on another users issue tonight I was toggling around in my User Control Panel and stumbled upon a feature that may interest you. Click on "User CP" icon in top left corner of any screen, left column in the opening screen is labeled "Your Control Panel". Scroll to bottom and in the section labeled "Miscellaneous" you will find a link titled "Attachments". Clicking that will list all attachments you have made to the forum in reverse order with the newest one first.

I know you have now been reunited with your photo's of the beloved companion but thought this info may help someone in the future going through the same.

Craig: Great find! I love it! :blush:

Excellent info Craig, thanks for the heads up. (Basil sends a woof, unless of course you are a postie, then it would be more of a growl).

Back
Top Bottom