3 Day Trip, Stuart to Daytona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbum29

Guru
We're finally bringing Beach Bum home this week starting Monday.

Think we're going to take 3 days to make the trip.

Can someone give us a couple of marinas to stop at for the two nights?

Prefer floating docks.

We can make the trip in one day but want to take our time and enjoy ourselves.

Trawlering in an express bridge...

We're finally bringing Beach Bum home this week starting Monday.

Think we're going to take 3 days to make the trip.

Can someone give us a couple of marinas to stop at for the two nights?

Prefer floating docks.

We can make the trip in one day but want to take our time and enjoy ourselves.

Trawlering in an express bridge...

Since you won't be through Ft. Pierce weekend, you will miss the Saturday Farmers Market and Jazz market. Worth a stop There is good jazz Tuesday nights a couple of blocks from the City Marina.

Vero Beach Municipal Marina is a great stop. No floating docks, but one of our favorites. About 45 miles from Stuart.

Melbourne Harbor is not bad. Fixed docks. Short walk to town.

We're going down tomorrow afternoon but getting 2 days of instruction on the new boat. Twin screw is new to me.

BB-enjoy the new boat and the trip. Ormond is where I spent many summers with my grandparents a long time ago! Spent many days fishing with my Grandfather off the Flagler Beach Pier.

I suggest you pick up a copy of the Waterway Guide, you will need it in the future so get one now.

BB-enjoy the new boat and the trip. Ormond is where I spent many summers with my grandparents a long time ago! Spent many days fishing with my Grandfather off the Flagler Beach Pier.

We live in Ormond and frequent Flagler Beach regularly.

Sign guy put on wrong port of call...

ForumRunner_20130705_112011.jpg

Or just use the Active Captain website which is far better in my estimation except for the occasional historical note along the way....

Loggerhead Marina at Grand Harbour Vero Beach (our home) is very nice and has pool and in very nice.

I prefer the full spelling, looks to be enough room, wouldn't look bad....IMHO.

Plus I like the word beach, it's pleasing to my ear

Loggerhead Marina at Grand Harbour Vero Beach (our home) is very nice and has pool and in very nice.

I can second that. We stayed there overnight while we were in transit from Daytona to St. Pete.... Very nice marina, good staff....

BB-looks much better to me spelt out. I assume they are done in vinyl rather than painted?

How is the break-in coming along?

Nothing much to report. Sitting in a dock at the brokerage.

Got in late yesterday.

A/C works well!!

Just Did a run out to the Stuart Inlet and back. Boat runs great and handles well!

Having an issue with the holding tank, it's plugged up. Tried pumping to no avail. Hopefully the run along with adding enzymes will soften everything up.

Did a quick fuel burn calculation on the onboard computer and the difference between 6 knots and 17 is less than .1 per hour per distance traveled.

Just Did a run out to the Stuart Inlet and back. Boat runs great and handles well!

Having an issue with the holding tank, it's plugged up. Tried pumping to no avail. Hopefully the run along with adding enzymes will soften everything up.

Did a quick fuel burn calculation on the onboard computer and the difference between 6 knots and 17 is less than .1 per hour per distance traveled.

Dave, check the vent for the holding tank. Sometimes wasps and dirt dobbers will stop it up with mud. Don't ask me how I know.:eek:

St. Lucie Inlet must have been very calm today. It is not noted to be docile.

Dave, check the vent for the holding tank. Sometimes wasps and dirt dobbers will stop it up with mud. Don't ask me how I know.:eek:

St. Lucie Inlet must have been very calm today. It is not noted to be docile.

I'll check that thanks.

We didn't go out just ran up the river to the ICW. Back at Sunrise Marina for a couple of nights. Making sure all systems are "go" before we bring her home.

This is my first twin screw and I'll never own anything else. It's so easy to run. I love it.

Looks like macerator pump is jammed. Guy is coming by in the morning to fix it before we shove off.

Back
Top Bottom