Flooring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cork??? Please don't as i may be forced to laugh at ya Craigo! Cork is for wine bottles not a floor in a boat. Unless you're old then it's understandable but then again you'd probably think corduroy is fashionable too! Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Youre a hard man Hendo...:rofl:

I am leaning towards the vinyl wood looking stuff with some decent sound insulation underneath...

Youre a hard man Hendo...:rofl:

I am leaning towards the vinyl wood looking stuff with some decent sound insulation underneath...

Hahahaha nah just playing mate. I think I have some cork coasters somewhere around here I could send over to help get ya started! Hahahahaha

Hahahaha nah just playing mate. I think I have some cork coasters somewhere around here I could send over to help get ya started! Hahahahaha

Make sure they have emu's and kangaroos on em...

The best part of cork is it absorbs sound , not reflect it like any hard surface.

Living stateside for the more than 25 years I had to laugh at the first post ...sounds a bit "wanky" calling it a salon....

That term is not used here very often and I will leave it for you to explain it if asked its definition.

Thanks for the laugh

I have some cork flooring at home, kitchen and casual living areas. I`m old, comparatively. It cost the same as good quality carpet, been down near 30 years laid on the concrete ground floor slab, refinished once, still looks good, rebounds from heel dents, never cold, quiet, saved many a dropped plate and glass. If I didn`t have parquet on the boat I`d consider it.
Way off topic,talking of carpet, we`ve a guy in our Club whose first name is "Carpet". Never been game to ask.

Good evening all, we currently have carpet over ply in our main living area (sounds a bit wanky calling it a salon LOL)

We call it the saloon. No hair styling, but lots of drinking takes place there.

Living stateside for the more than 25 years I had to laugh at the first post ...sounds a bit "wanky" calling it a salon....

That term is not used here very often and I will leave it for you to explain it if asked its definition.

Thanks for the laugh

You're welcome ! I have had a sh1t time trying to explain a lot of Aussie slang....try 'dag' and 'bogan' on for size LMAO

I have some cork flooring at home, kitchen and casual living areas. I`m old, comparatively. It cost the same as good quality carpet, been down near 30 years laid on the concrete ground floor slab, refinished once, still looks good, rebounds from heel dents, never cold, quiet, saved many a dropped plate and glass. If I didn`t have parquet on the boat I`d consider it.
Way off topic,talking of carpet, we`ve a guy in our Club whose first name is "Carpet". Never been game to ask.

If it had 'muncher' after it I could understand...:whistling:

Now I am curious too...

teak and Holly Sole

I recently remodeled my Mainship 36 and part of the remodeling included a Teak and Holly Sole/Deck.
I bought the T&H from Houston Hardwoods for $122/sheet. the Sheet was 4' X 8' x 1/4' thick. I glued that onto 3/4" cabinet grade plywood. About 90% of my salon sole is comprised of removable boards for engine access.

Attachments

• Salon New Floor.jpg
    Salon New Floor.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 115
I recently remodeled my Mainship 36 and part of the remodeling included a Teak and Holly Sole/Deck.
I bought the T&H from Houston Hardwoods for $122/sheet. the Sheet was 4' X 8' x 1/4' thick. I glued that onto 3/4" cabinet grade plywood. About 90% of my salon sole is comprised of removable boards for engine access.

That looks brilliant, I am going to go with that myself with a layer of the heavy plastic soundproofing underneath...:dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom