Thanks goodness...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal

Thank goodness there is finally a sale pending on this Krogen 54 on Yacht World. Seeing this beautiful boat out there on YW all by its lonesome was causing my day dreams to go into overdrive.

Now, if someone would just snap up this 55' Seahorse Duck then my day dreams could stop causing hives. Both beautiful boats that I'm sure have stories behind them that explain their time on the market.

Any other boats on YW that cause your day dreams to shift into overdrive?

Dang it. Now you've got me daydreaming.

Yes, that is a proper vessel.

Yes, I should really delete the YW app!

Don't know about the reglass, but it seems like a helluva deal compared to other ducks on the market. 3k mile range for under 100k!

Here is a page with earlier details and pics of what appears to be the same boat:
http://www.dieselducks.com/Jerrys 38Duck-2.html
It appears the galley has been upgraded as well.

Yeah, need to lay off the YW!

The first diesel duck, appropriately named Ark, in its latest paint scheme:

232323232%7Ffp733%3C8%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A3%3A336%3A2336nu0mrj

Mark, I've watched that boat for a while. Didn't realize that it was a DD... Up in the Napa River too!

By the way, the Mare Island Causeway Bridge (near the mouth of the Napa River) was "down" today due to a power failure. When it was working:

232323232%7Ffp6357%3A%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A3%3A3368%3B336nu0mrj

Thank goodness there is finally a sale pending on this Krogen 54 on Yacht World. Seeing this beautiful boat out there on YW all by its lonesome was causing my day dreams to go into overdrive.

We went aboard this boat at the 3rd annual Trawler Time a few weeks ago in Tacoma. WOW! Awesome boat. Love the looks, and the interior was immaculate. Good to know she's got new owners.

It's not bad enough that this Duck is still out there on YW, now there's this boat to get my day dreaming going in high gear:

63' Dixon

Looks like a Nordy at less than half the price - and without all the gaudy ritzy interior bits.

It's not bad enough that this Duck is still out there on YW, now there's this boat to get my day dreaming going in high gear:

63' Dixon

Looks like a Nordy at less than half the price - and without all the gaudy ritzy interior bits.

That is a GREAT looking boat. Love the workshop!

63' Dixon

Looks like a Nordy at less than half the price - and without all the gaudy ritzy interior bits.[/QUOTE]

7' 10" draft, yikes

63' Dixon

Be still my heart! A boat I could afford and world capable!! Oh my....
7'10" draft seems deep and restricting and lots of internal stairs but someone will be getting what looks like a great boat at a bargain price. I think my wife and kids are wanting to go down to our place outside of St. Pete next week...may have to go check this boat out! :)

Be still my heart! A boat I could afford and world capable!! Oh my....
7'10" draft seems deep and restricting and lots of internal stairs but someone will be getting what looks like a great boat at a bargain price. I think my wife and kids are wanting to go down to our place outside of St. Pete next week...may have to go check this boat out! :)

If you do, be sure to let us know what you find!

I agree a nearly 8' draft seems limiting for coastal work, but boy it sure looks like a lot of boat for the money! Probably more boat than most of us would need, but if your dream was always to be breaking big waves in one of those big early Nordys, this would seem to be a deal! I like that the interior isn't all gaudy like some of the big yachts - though I'd want to replace that carpet with some hardwood flooring or something.

Other thoughts from the gurus on here? Concerns you'd want to point out to a dock walker?

A boat with an eight-foot draft would be a p-in-the-a in the largely shallow waters of the SF estuary (bay/delta). That is if you want to do gunkholing.

232323232%7Ffp54358%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3957%3A64669336nu0mrj

View is from Ray's GB42 Mahalo Moi.

Last edited:
Well, what do you expect? It seems intended to be a blue-water, trans-oceanic boat.

Last edited:
Well, what do you expect. It seems intended to be a blue-water, trans-oceanic boat.

Concur!

Looks like the older Nordhavn 62s have a draft in the 6' - 6.5' range. Seems like a big jump to 8'.

Just to put this boat in perspective, two of Columbus' ships were about this size and smaller. They had about the same draft.

I would surely like to get Delfin's opinion on this boat.

Just to put this boat in perspective, two of Columbus' ships were about this size and smaller. They had about the same draft.

Actually all 3 ships was smaller than this! The Santa Maria was the biggest and is generally belived to be 59' the Pinta was about 56' and the Nina was yet 3' shorter again...

Be still my heart! A boat I could afford and world capable!! Oh my.... I think my wife and kids are wanting to go down to our place outside of St. Pete next week...may have to go check this boat out! :)

Woodsong - Did you ever goo check out this 63' Dixon?

Guess I still need to raise Delphin to get his take on this boat.

Well, here goes my productivity today.... Another listing worthy of some serious day dreaming...

1974 Willard Vega Voyager

Looks like a lot of fun for the money - and in great shape!!

Well, here goes my productivity today.... Another listing worthy of some serious day dreaming...

1974 Willard Vega Voyager

Looks like a lot of fun for the money - and in great shape!!

80 grand for a 30' 1974 boat may be a lot of fun for the money... but it sure isn't a lot of BOAT for the money!

HOLLYWOOD

80 grand for a 30' 1974 boat may be a lot of fun for the money... but it sure isn't a lot of BOAT for the money!

HOLLYWOOD

:thumb::thumb:

Exactly!

I fell in love with a Vashon Trawler that the owner lavished money upon. He and I could not come to terms as we where miles apart price wise. A year later he sold it to a member of this forum for about the price I was willing to go.

Older, well found 30' Willard's are nice and something to be proud of but...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom