Jacksonville, FL Marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BB29 Sorry we won't see you this weekend. Bringing the boat home is always exciting.

Mike, Larry and Lena
We'll see you on Saturday.
Anybody else want to join the fun?

BB29 Sorry we won't see you this weekend. Bringing the boat home is always exciting.

Mike, Larry and Lena
We'll see you on Saturday.
Anybody else want to join the fun?

Who knows?

All the delays is just part of getting a quality boat refitted.

Just my ego talking..

Thanks

Counting Heads for Restaurant Seating

SoF,

Are you traveling alone, or are you bringing the crew pictured in your avatar? HaHa.

Just counting heads - I spoke with Jeff from ActiveCaptain and got the name of the restaurant where we ate the last time we visited Orteaga Landing. I'll probably call them Sat. morning.

Also, SoF you are our resident JAX member

The place is Tom and Betty’s Have you been there?

If you know of a better place speak up.

Mike

Mike
The deck fluff crew in my avatar won't be able to make it! The admiral will see to that. Actually, that picture was taken in Norfolk, Va before I was ever on the tug. It will be me and the Admiral only.
Tom and Bettys is fine. It is very close to Larry and Lenas' boat. Casual dining. We will probably be more into visiting and swapping sea lies , I mean sea stories than whats for dinner!

...The place is Tom and Betty’s Have you been there?

If you know of a better place speak up.

Mike

...Tom and Bettys is fine. It is very close to Larry and Lenas' boat. Casual dining. We will probably be more into visiting and swapping sea lies , I mean sea stories than whats for dinner!

Sounds like we have a plan; 4:30-5pm, this Saturday the 29th at Ortega Landing. We're on C-Dock. I'll meet everyone at the gate. Tom & Betty's is perfect and it's less than a 10 minute walk from Hobo. :)

Anyone else is welcome to join us.

PS Mike: Have you ever herded cats?

Never herded cats! We have one, little Foxy, who spent her first 6 years living on the boat. Watching her get adjusted to the house was a hoot. Hey, what’s with these doors? They don’t slide so I can’t squirt right out as you start to open them, instead they swing in and poke me in the nose!

I carry her down to the dock when I’m working on the boat. She curls up in all the same places she did when we were cruising.

Well, there’s a few mins of your day wasted!

See you all Saturday! I’m the old skinny guy with really blonde hair

Mike

We're hoping our dog Molly will like being on the boat. She's a shitzu-poo.

She does not like stairs so this may be a challenge.

For BB29

BB29 -

Well, this thread has just about run it’s course, so maybe no one will mind if I make a off topic post for BB29.

Check out the impossibly cute pictures of the new lab puppy aboard Jeff and Karens DeFever 53 aCapella.

When I spoke to Jeff about Tom and Bettys’ he said “There might be a free puppy available sign on the boat soon”

I didn’t believe him for a second.

Taking Paws

Mike

here's a picture of Molly when she was younger. She's now a young lady at almost 3 years old...

Attachments

• 2011-04-20 16.28.41.jpg
    2011-04-20 16.28.41.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 73
I spoke a little to soon. I will be there at between 4:30 and 5 pm. Admiral won't be there until about 6:30 pm (Realtor work commitment).

No problem! I'll set the time for the table at 7:15.

Larry and Lena - I'm bringing a cooler with soft drinks, bottled water, and a six pack of beer along with a hand truck to get it down the dock ( I'm old and tired). There is no reason why full time cruisers should supply us land creatures with refreshments.

I love posting about the members I know in real life. I always gain from these meet ups. I've met dozens, mostly from the T&T list. Many are friends for life.

Mike

No problem! I'll set the time for the table at 7:15.

Larry and Lena - I'm bringing a cooler with soft drinks, bottled water, and a six pack of beer along with a hand truck to get it down the dock ( I'm old and tired). There is no reason why full time cruisers should supply us land creatures with refreshments.

I love posting about the members I know in real life. I always gain from these meet ups. I've met dozens, mostly from the T&T list. Many are friends for life.

Mike

Mike: Nice, but not necessary. Since we have been back in the states, the fridge has been full.

After Action Report - TF meet up.

We had the TF meet up as scheduled aboard Hobo, Larry and Lenas KK42 at Ortega Landing marina.

It’s a beautiful boat and well maintained.

Larry and Lena told us about their trip from Alaska, down the west coast of north and central America, thru the canal, the Caribbean coast of central America, and the islands, and back to the US via the “Thorny Path”

Fascinating.

Sailor of Fortune, captain of the Atlantic Salvor, a 150 foot ocean going salvage tug, told us about some of his adventures at sea, including 2 trans-Atlantic crossings while towing.

Also fascinating

Compared to these guys I didn’t have much to say.

A good time was had by all.

If you get the chance to meet some fellow members of TF, don’t pass it up. Lots of good experience and stories that can only be told in person.

Mike

Capt. Mike, thanks for the report. I hope to get the chance to stop by Jax and check out the area. No pictures?

Capt. Mike, thanks for the report. I hope to get the chance to stop by Jax and check out the area. No pictures?

Sorry Don, no pictures. We were too busy talking. :)

Good company all around. And Mike, please, gutting and building Full Step is beyond what we would take on.

I'll second Mike's comment about meeting fellow TT Forum members. :thumb:

I'll third Mikes comment! Myself and the admiral had a great time.
Don - Pictures were forbidden. We didn't want "evidence" out on the net. I'm not saying that we were, or were not dancing on the tables with lamp shades on our heads!
What happens at Ortega Landing....stays at Ortega landing!
Seriously, we had a fun time with Lary and Lena, Mike and Mellissa.
Hopefully we can do it again and have Don and Beachbum present.
Jack

I'll third Mikes comment! Myself and the admiral had a great time.
Don - Pictures were forbidden. We didn't want "evidence" out on the net. I'm not saying that we were, or were not dancing on the tables with lamp shades on our heads!
What happens at Ortega Landing....stays at Ortega landing!
Seriously, we had a fun time with Lary and Lena, Mike and Mellissa.
Hopefully we can do it again and have Don and Beachbum present.
Jack

That would be great. Looks like we're headed that way by next spring if not before.

We would of loved to had made it but after the week we had we were just too exhausted to do anything but lay around, eat and sleep.

Looking forward to the next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom