Frustrated with yacht brokers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GG, many TF members have contributed to your thread which raised issues about yacht brokers being unresponsive. I agree with others, the thread has largely run its course, except for this question.
Daddyo appears pro-active as a broker and highly experienced as a captain. He is a fellow TF member and contributor. If he sent you PMs offering his assistance, why would you not take up his offer ?

I sent Daddyo a PM, just tried to copy and paste it, but I can't find it. Maybe it didn't go through and I thought it had. My internet connection has been funky lately with the rain here.

Basically I told him that I was betrayed once by a forum member. I told this person something in private and asked them not to share and they did anyhow. At that point I said that I would never do that again. I figured it is better for me to keep things separate for this reason. I don't know Daddyo personally, and I'm sure he's a great trustworthy guy, but how could I know. I have met some great folks here who have been very supportive like Westwinds, Phil, and Kevin, just to name a few right from the top of my head. There are others. But, I have also received plenty of discouragement and naysay, so I tread carefully. I do enjoy the forum and learn a lot. I appreciate all of the responses that I get. I don't want to do anything that would compromise my position here.
I don't want anyone to say that I am wasting there time if I take longer than I should to find a boat, which has been the tone lately from some forum members. Not saying that Daddyo would, but I don't know him personally.
I told him that I have figured out a way to get a hold of the listing agent on boats that I want to view, and it is working. I also mentioned this somewhere on the thread.
I said that I was hoping that my house would be sold soon and maybe then, I would change my mind and decide to use a buyers broker once I jump on the fast track. I ended the message thanking him and telling him that I really appreciated the offer.

"What everyone wants is for it to taste like chocolate, cure cancer and cost a nickel. What you GET is something else."

I think this applies to all of GG's posts.

Waiting for Daddyo's response...there's not too much about buying a boat that doesn't become public anyhow...especially a bigger one that will become or is documented.

GG and mome hope to meet you 2 one time.

Cees

Last edited by a moderator:
GG has come a long way in less than a year, more than most of us would have! To find and purchase a 60+ ft boat usually takes years. I agree its time for her to start going on and looking at boats to decided the must haves requirements, and talk to bankers, brokers, insurance and marinas. Putting all the pieces together to by a boat take s time and can be daunting. :thumb::flowers:

I don’t see very many of you being open and providing personal in information. Shoot most of you do not even have basic profile information. :mad: So don’t get on her about being concerned at information provided. :nonono:

She probable knows more than most people that just start looking for boat to buy. Besides 18 years ago I was exactly like her, so give her a break. I could say the same thing about many of you! We all start out newbies and had to start where she is. I am very disappointed with many of you with your attitude and comments. :nonono:

We all start out newbies and had to start where she is. I am very disappointed with many of you with your attitude and comments. :nonono:

I often wonder, reading GG's posts if she were a man and not a single parent, if she would be treated differently.

Lots of people come here and ask similar questions. Lots of people come here as dreamers. Lots of people come here with life events, like retirement, or selling a home that need to take place prior to buying a boat... especially a liveaboard boat.

For some, it never comes together. For some, the stars align and they end up as liveaboards.

But I'll tell you what. The negative comments to her questions, and desires sure paint a picture of some of our members, and its not a pretty picture. Personally I think its gender bias, but thats just me. Either way in my opinion its not right.

Last edited:
I often wonder, reading GG's posts if she were a man and not a single parent, if she would be treated differently.
Probably! I guess if some of us disagree with GG's approach, we're bad guys, huh? Give us a break! This thread is WAY too long!

Basically I told him that I was betrayed once by a forum member. I told this person something in private and asked them not to share and they did anyhow. At that point I said that I would never do that again. I figured it is better for me to keep things separate for this reason. I don't know Daddyo personally, and I'm sure he's a great trustworthy guy, but how could I know. ...

Therefore since you don't know him, you can't trust him. But you do trust a stranger with a listing?? Again, what am I not understanding?

In the 6 months I have been on this forum, you have solicited countless opinions, received thoughtful answers that took much time to formulate, but you have an excuse for seemingly never to actually listen.:nonono:

Slowly but surely, I think am understanding what's going on here. :facepalm:

I can't get them to call me back. I have e-mailed, called, and even texted one guy. Nothing.
When I finally did get an appointment to view something, the guy e-mailed me that morning to cancel, then didn't respond to my request to re-schedule.
What gives?

GG

After reading your first post as copied above, it would seem a moving target is out there. Interesting how we men enjoy being led around by a gal.

As this thread seems to have run its course it has been closed. The OP has plentiful advice to aid in their decision. If anyone wishes to question why please feel free to PM any moderator :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom