View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #28
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
I felt like I was basically "retired" at age 12 - i.e. 6th grade.

That's when I established my first for profit business... Many friends in grade school delivered daily news papers on LI, NY... at $6 +/- per week income. I am naturally mechanically inclined (learned a lot of it on boats with dad when I was very young - cutten me teeth!) and quickly understood that my friends delivery bicycles needed repairs and maintenance. So, I set up shop! My weekly income was 3 X theirs - working in our home's garage on my own hours! From that point I've always created my own businesses and do not plan to stop doing so till day I die! Seeing as I'm laser focused to hit 110 means I've decades of biz-fun to come. "Retirement", per say, is neither what I seek nor what will I accept - next business success thrill is what I want! Only debt we carry is for write off purposes. My admiral works 4 days a week and confabs with me on my agendas. Yeah we've had more money previously than right at this moment, and, we plan to have much more again. It’s the chase of creation and the success it can bring that keeps us young! That success is not always counted only in dollars. "Give and ye shall receive!"

We like our boats, home, beach house, classic car/truck as well as other toys, and, we love our 4 grand kids, our own kids, Nana Ruth and other family members. We also enjoy the heck out of our friends!

If I die tomorrow I'm very satisfied with the ride I've experienced... if I make it to 110 (or anywhere near) - - > All I Can Say Is - WOW - Just think what could happen in life by then!!

I wish all people great/rewarding lives!

Get It On! Forgive, Build, Enjoy!
Art is online now   Reply With Quote