Global phones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drmnj

We're heading to the Abaco islands in the Bahamas next week.. We would like to rent a global phone any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Capt Mike

We were just in the abaco's, we bought an isatphone pro, not sure if they rent them. It work great thought the whole abaco's. Have Fun!

I use these guys typically to get my sat minutes from.. and they rent and sell phones also.

Satellite Phone - Iridium, Inmarsat, Satellite Phone Rental

My last couple yacht trips abroad I didn't take my Iridium sat phone and use a dual sim phone that has a world sim card that has a pretty reasonable cost per minute.

I gives your US callers a 1-800 number to call you.

International SIM Card | Prepaid Roaming SIM from OneSimCard

Of course this is for coastal work only where there is cell service.

HOLLYWOOD

We're heading to the Abaco islands in the Bahamas next week.. We would like to rent a global phone any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Capt Mike

Mike: For voice, the cheap and easy way would be to buy an unlocked cell phone (`$20 on Ebay). When you get to the Bahamas, go to a BTC office, buy a sim card for $20 plus a $5 activation fee. Buy some time and a way you go. If you go through your minutes you can buy additional time at almost any store. Or you can buy a cell phone when you get there. You can do pre-paid minutes with no contract. We got back a few weeks ago and there was only one place we went that we didn't have cell coverage. Here's BTC's web site.

BTC Bahamas - Home

Last edited:
Mike: For voice, the cheap and easy way would be to buy an unlocked cell phone (`$20 on Ebay). When you get to the Bahamas, go to a BTC office, buy a sim card for $20 plus a $5 activation fee. Buy some time and a way you go. If you go through your minutes you can buy additional time at almost any store. Or you can buy a cell phone when you get there. You can do pre-paid minutes with no contract. We got back a few weeks ago and there was only one place we went that we didn't have cell coverage. Here's BTC's web site.

BTC Bahamas - Home[/QUOTE:flowers:

Thanks, that sounds great. I appreciate the info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom