Source for scrap of sailcloth??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sue Freeman

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Choices
Vessel Make
1992 36' Grand Banks Europa
I'm looking for a scrap piece of white or off-white sailcloth (approx. 30 inches long by 8 inches wide) to repair a wind curtain on our trawler. Does anyone have any idea of where I might find a scrap piece of sailcloth? Any graveyard for torn sails?? I'm not even sure where to look to buy any new - other than ordering a full yard of it on-line. Any suggestions of where to look would be welcomed. I'm in Englewood, FL (on the Gulf coast but far from any sailmakers).

Put a notice at the local marina's or yacht clubs bulletin boards. When we had the sail boat, we always had scarp Dacron for repairs on board.

I would go to your local sailmaker and ask politely......Maybe they would donate a piece or a least sell you some offcuts cheap...........:flowers:

I would go to your local sailmaker and ask politely......Maybe they would donate a piece or a least sell you some offcuts cheap...........:flowers:
" I'm in Englewood, FL (on the Gulf coast but far from any sailmakers)."

Sue - 30" x 8 " sailcloth ?? Way not order from www.sailrite.com ?? 1 yd. of white sailcloth cost $ 3.95 a yard - plus $ 5.00 shiping ( no sales tax ) - you'll spend more money in gas just looking IMHO - And it's delivered to your door ( boat ) !

Back
Top Bottom