Weekend in the San Juans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merganser

Vessel Name
North Star
Vessel Make
2006 north Pacific 52'
My second post so take it easy on me. Purchased our new vessel in February and this is our third trip in it. Still working on things of course, but most everything is working as it should. 2006 North Pacific 52'. The pictures of our three day weekend was in Aleck bay off the south end of Lopez Island and the end of the past month. I hope I can figure out the picture posting. Lots of great information on this site. Im so glad I found it.
Gary

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 142
My second post so take it easy on me. Purchased our new vessel in February and this is our third trip in it. Still working on things of course, but most everything is working as it should. 2006 North Pacific 52'. The pictures of our three day weekend was in Aleck bay off the south end of Lopez Island and the end of the past month. I hope I can figure out the picture posting. Lots of great information on this site. Im so glad I found it.
Gary

Holy moly ! I'm hungry now....

Boat pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Lots of great information on this site. Im so glad I found it.
....and you have just made a terrific contribution to us! Well done! (and photographed!)

Here ya go cardude01

Here ya go

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 144
Here ya go

Wow. Nice. And I didn't know you could catch giant shrimp in traps. Here in Texas we seine behind a boat. And they don't look as nice as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Beautiful! Both the boat and the pics. Welcome.

Cardude:

Here we call them Spot Prawns. We sometimes get Ghost Shrimp, but they are quite different. Don't cook the same, nor do they taste the same. Spot Prawns are the world's best tasting Prawn. The Shrimp sold on the beaches in Mexico, for example, are totally different in taste and texture, neither of which is close to as nice. I don't know what you have on the east coast, just that it isn't what we have here.

Gary,

Now that is what I call making a big splash on the forum with those great pictures from the San Juan Islands. I used to live above False Bay outside of Friday Harbor. Your boat looks very capable, looking forward to more pictures from you as you cruise that area and further north into Desolation Sound. What kind of camera do you use?

Camera?

Hello Bob
Thank you for the nice compliments. In regards to the Camera, I use a Canon Mark 5. For all my nature shots I use a Canon 7D. I have to work another four years so trying to learn all this yachting stuff before I head North to Alaska and live on the vessel 6 months a year.

Have a great week
Gary March

Retired

retired all play

I see you have one of the new Scotty trap pullers? How's it working so far?

retired all play

Then maybe 6 months in Alaska and 6 months in the Sea of Cortez? I've cruised Bahia Conception south of Mulege and just love the area. Desert meets the Sea, since it is a bay within a bay, very clear waters and a lot of shoreside hot springs.

Scotty puller

Northern Spy - I love my Scotty pot puller. Its quiet and very very easy to operate. One button on and off. We were pulling those shrimp pots in 310 ft. of water. With ease. Slides on and off the bracket and is very small for storage. Can't say enough good about it. As far as holding up for years, not sure about that its very new. I use Scotty downriggers and have for years. I think they make a great product. I love there web page as one can always get all there acces. online.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom