How hot at your marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gwkiwi

Guru
Vessel Name
Takes Two
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
Today here in Lake Havasus AZ, is it is in the triple digits at 117 degrees and tomorrow should be 119. A little hot for early June but at least it is a dry heat - it does make a difference ..............

Thank goodness for A/C home, car, boat, bicycle (??) :facepalm:

21 degrees...just about right. A nice breeze wafting through the pilothouse door here in somewhat overcast Campbell River B.C.

It has been in the high 80s to low 90s around here the lat week or so, the humidity is right up there too.

Today here in Lake Havasus AZ, is it is in the triple digits at 117 degrees and tomorrow should be 119. A little hot for early June but at least it is a dry heat - it does make a difference ..............
When you get home, pre heat your oven to 120 degrees and stick your head in. It's dry in there too!

Thats pretty funny Walt. I used to laugh about the dry heat as well saying " you can still cook a chook in dry heat" but I must admit I have become persuaded.

Time for a Heinekin and a swim !!!

Yep, that good old dry heat . . . . .

83688.original.jpg

Crikey, that's hot - just did the conversion and that = 47 celsius. We get the occasional 40 + temp here in Brisbane, (was record 42 on my wife's birthday a few years ago, and it was her 60th, so we had a function at a restaurant with invited guests.....and you guessed it - aircon broke down.
But 47, no way - have to go out back to Birdsville or similar for those temps, but yes thank God for aircon at work, home and car.
Didn't need it at all back in NZ, when we lived there though. Folks there nowadays are often putting in aircons with reverse cycle, but they call them heat pumps, because largely only used for heating, and only very seldom cooling.

Last edited:
10 degrees Celsius, (50 degrees Fahrenheit) overcast, and drizzling. A perfect temperate rain forest day on BC's north coast :)

Worked on the boat all day yesterday in San Diego, never got over 70 degrees.

This morning in Sliverado it was 51F (not C) and not another boat in sight. Come to think of it there are no boats in sight. :facepalm:

The dry heat does help some, but when the "fells like" temperature is higher than body temperature then it stops helping. In fact when the feels like temperature is higher than body temperature a breeze will only cook you faster.

The heat(and tequila) makes her clothes come off!!! Summer is good!!!

We've been all over the place this spring - from cold 40s and 50s to 90s and back again, often in a 48 hour window. Generally, boating on the Chesapeake is best in spring and fall. Come 100 degree and humid summer weather, we tend to stay home. As on of my dockmates once mentioned, he has a larger cabin with AC at home than on his boat!

I would add that aside from our winter insurance lay-up of Jan and Feb, we ran the boat pretty much all winter. Gotta love a pilot house with heat! Quite a change from the sailboat.

Here its 98.6 F but i have a strong Flu. Few hours under 3 blankets, so so cold, then few hours naked, so so hot. Hope this stop soon, started last Saturday.
I feel realy so sh#t.

Cees

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom