Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve, since you are in the area, do you ever see a blue heron? Or a wood stork?

Steve, since you are in the area, do you ever see a blue heron? Or a wood stork?
Great Blue Herons are very common around here FL. Gulf Coast as they are in Louisiana.
We have lots of Wood Ibis in Louisiana but I don't know if they are the same as a wood stork?

Some "bird" shots. KJ

Attachments

• TRIP.13.jpg
    TRIP.13.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 83
  • TRIP.4.jpg
    TRIP.4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4805.jpg
    IMG_4805.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 77
  • ICARUS   Fort Funsten.2.jpg
    ICARUS Fort Funsten.2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 78
Marin, an abbreviated version of that, I'd love to read. Any chance of it on the off topic, or would it be consider commercial in confidence type stuff...?

Any release of Boeing information, imagery, etc. has to be approved by Boeing Communications. The finished video will be distributed to every airline on the planet in the hope that every commercial transport pilot on the planet will see it. At that point it most likely will become okay for public use.

"Mr. Big" rules the small lake where we keep our boat. His specialty...whipping small boat dogs into a frenzy with the hope that they will jump off their boat in pursuit. He then casually leads them to the middle of the lake, where he attempts to peck them until they drown. If they're lucky their owner launches a dinghy or a passerby saves them. So far no fatalities. Lovely animal.

DSCN2560.jpg

Here's a couple from our last outing.

Attachments

• DSCF8361.jpg
    DSCF8361.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF8367.jpg
    DSCF8367.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 73
Aus-good thing the guy in the 2nd picture had his hat on!

Years ago in Daytona Beach, the senior partner in a law firm I worked for decided to take all us 1st year lawyers out for lunch. He was a bit of a stuffy guy. As we walked from our office to a nice restaurant on the beach, a huge seagull landed one right on his head. It was very difficult for four new lawyers not to burst out laughing as he tried to act as if nothing had happened.

Back
Top Bottom