The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randall B

Veteran Member
New to the Trawler Forum, but not new to the trawler life. I grew up with a boating family aboard a 40' Santa Barbara cruising the PNW with mom, dad and brother in the '70's. In the '80's it was a Willard 30 Mark IV. In '97 dad bought a Willard 40 Nomad and shortly there after, a Grand Banks 32. Last year we trucked the GB 32 north from Sacramento to La Conner, WA with an inoperable engine. Currently, we have been cruising the Willard and working on the GB to get it painted, varnished and running:)
Work on the Ford Lehman 120 has been interesting.( more to come on that)
We have been considering selling the Willard 40, but it is really a comfortable cruiser!

Welcome to the forum, and you'll get a lot of agreement here about the Willard 40. If I didn't live in such shallow waters, it would have been my first choice. Great boat.

Welcome aboard.

willard 40----what a great boat. Tell us more. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the GB 32. I'd get the GB 32 running and spend some time aboard before selling the Willard 40. You might make a decision you could regret latter. I chartered a GB 36 for a week and that was enough to check the GB off my list. The GB 36 wanted to do barrel rolls every time we hit a wake, unless you took it head on. It was a nice gentle roll that quickly transferred anything that wasn't tied down to the floor, knocked over furniture ...

Welcome aboard. Hope to hear more from you. Seems sometimes that new people check in, introduce themselves, and then completely disappear from the screen. Perhaps aliens trolling for trawlers? :)

John

Welcome aboard Randy,

Nice talking with you at the Willard Rendezvous. How is the Monroe project coming along?

Keith Olive
Willard 30 MK IV and Grand Banks 36

Hey Keith, nice to hear from you. Monroe is in a holding pattern:( not sure that it is going to happen.

We had the Willard 40 off shore in '97 and it was very comfortable in five foot seas. Back in '89 my dad and I brought his Willard 30 up from SF to Victoria. We hit 20 foot seas in that boat off Coos Bay, OR and it handled very well! I don't think the GB would do so great... Of course, I'm not looking to go off shore anymore. Cruising the protected waters of the PNW sounds fine to me.

Sorry to hear about Monroe. I am confident you will be directed in the right direction. Nice to have you on the forum. It can get pretty interesting with all the topics and various replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom