Hey there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BamaTrader36

Vessel Name
Sauvignon Blanc
Vessel Make
1984 Marine Trader 36DC
After years of racing sailboats, speedboats, sport fish, etc. we have finally settled down and bought a trawler- something we should have done a few years back. I realized that I am turning 40 next year and need to slow down a bit, because I've been missing too much. :) We are the proud new owners of a 1984 Marine Trader 36DC with T/ 90 Lehmans. We picked her up yesterday and she's now behind my office at the Wharf Marina in Orange Beach, AL. We look forward to learning more on this forum and meeting different people soon. Looks like a great forum and I look forward to learning more about our boat and what folks have done with them!

Welcome Ben and Carrie,

Great area with a lot of good fishing. Is the Wharf Marina on Cotton Bayou? I'm not familiar with it. I kept a boat at Sportsman Marina for about 10 years. Let's see some pictures of your boat.

Hey Don,

We kept our Bertram at Sportsman- she's actually still there. The Wharf is on the ICW at the end of the Foley Beach Express bridge. May not have been the during your tenure. Let me see if I can attach pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
The bridge was completed only a short time before we pulled the boat out of there. Is Chuck Thames still the manager at Sportsman? He's a really nice guy. I miss the great seafood.

The bridge was completed only a short time before we pulled the boat out of there. Is Chuck Thames still the manager at Sportsman? He's a really nice guy. I miss the great seafood.

Big Chuck, yes. He and I are very good friends. Small world.

Big Chuck, yes. He and I are very good friends. Small world.

Chuck was a very young man working up in dry storage when we put our Blackfin in there. He grew into the job by taking good care of customers. My wife and I really liked him. By the way, if he remembers us, tell him my wife Anne passed away about 7 years ago.

When they fired up the wood grill at the restaurant every evening it would drive me crazy. Can't forget that.

What a small world Don! Welcome Ben and Carrie! Nice ride(s).

Welcome, we spent 4 days at the Wharf a couple of weeks ago it is a very nice marina especially now with good baths and laundry facility. I have stopped there almost every year since 2005.

"Slowing down" at 40?!? Does that ever make me feel old!

Welcome aboard (from a really old time boater but new member here).

Welcome!

What part of your boat runs on 36 VDC? I remember years ago someone was having trouble servicing something in a 36 VDC systems (an inverter or a charger or ...) and he had to change everything to 24 VDC. Do you think you might have to convert someday?

Welcome aboard. Although I have to echo Endurance and say "slowing down at 40???" Slow down at 60 perhaps, but 40?

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom