Crazy Boat Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capthead

Guru
Vessel Name
Heads Up
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 Classic
I have seen a lot of funny boat names and thought we should share some of the funniest ones we have seen.

In a marina next to me were two boats;
Harry Oyster
Bearded Clam

Another one;
M T Wallet

I have others but I'm waiting before I post again.

Let the fun begin!!:thumb::thumb:

I'll bite. Three boats I've owned. BARENECESSITES ON THE ROCKS AND NODROG

Contains 1950's-era sexist humor, which most of us have grown out of. But if this is too risqué, mods, pls delete.

My dad bought a wooden runabout that he just loved, totally oblivious to what the name, "Gnatnoop," spelled backwards--or later said he was. He used it for over a year before someone took my mother aside and broke the news. She made him paint over it that very night. The boat was rechristened "Star of the Sea."

My first two boats. "O'Frigate". Current "Attitude Adjustment".
Craziest I saw " You 're Dead a Long Time".
The name I gave my buddy that bought a 37 Silverton with 454 gassers. "Thirsty Seven ".

Capthead,

Are you aware what the first 2 are referring to?

Contains 1950's-era sexist humor, which most of us have grown out of. But if this is too risqué, mods, pls delete.

Sorry... Too busy laughing :D

Two of my favorites...

NEVER AGAIN II

AFTER LATER

SteveH

Again, Mod's please delete if too risque...

A bright red vessel in the Campbell River area is sporting the name "Morning Wood". Of course the area is well known for logging.

Again, Mod's please delete if too risque...

A bright red vessel in the Campbell River area is sporting the name "Morning Wood". Of course the area is well known for logging.

Rafted-Up with "Bone Inn" 4th of July.

Sailboat in Beaufort, N.C that tickled me was "Sailbad the Sinner".

My fav was a boat called "our souls"

Some good ones, but for me the pick of the crop ,so far, is 'Never Again 11' , love it, been there ,done that.

Tw0 short stories:

Our son provided the name for our 18' center console, "Time Release"; it would have worked well for the trawler.

But the GB was named following a conversation with a granddaughter, Grace, who whispered to her granddad that he needed a bigger boat. That conversation took place when she was about 2 months old, hence one reason for the "new", bigger boats name; "Amazing Grace". Her grandmother couldn't help but go along.
Actually, I was going to use the name that grandmother provided. When we were discussing the purchase, my wife gave in and said, "just low-ball the offer" never thinking it would be accepted. Her spontaneous reaction to the accepted offer would have, I think, been a great name for any boat; "Oh Sh..". The name board would have been cheaper too.

There was another boat that unfortunately burned up named,
Boozin and Cruzin

I laughed when I saw it was charred and the windows blown out.

NSAIL yes, I do know what they imply and the fact they were close to each other made it funnier.

My favorite was on a big express in Portsmouth, VA. "Frankly My Dear I don't give a Damn, III"

John

There was another boat that unfortunately burned up named,
Boozin and Cruzin

I laughed when I saw it was charred and the windows blown out.

NSAIL yes, I do know what they imply and the fact they were close to each other made it funnier.

Does Beavis own one and Butthead own the other? Or, maybe Howard Stern owns both?

Laughing at a boat that burned up?

I must not have a sense of humor anymore as I see nothing funny about those names, or the burned up boat. When I was a teenager, maybe I would have.

Last edited:
One of the best I've seen was in Miami some years ago: Miassisdragon

On our previous boat we named it Time Well Wasted, best one I've heard of was in the Keys it was a sailboat home port in Alaska "By Polar"

...In my future pier is a 55' wooden trawler displacing 92400 lbs with a 132 continues hp at 2500 rpm engine. The owner claims the boat does 9 knots full speed. In any case, we never saw him doing that speed and the boat was named SLOW MOTION by the owner.

From Prince Edward Island....

Attachments

• Name1.jpg
    Name1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Lobster12.jpg
    Lobster12.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Name3.jpg
    Name3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 171
  • Name2.jpg
    Name2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I should have said Boozin and Cruzin was a slip boat. It never left that slip in 12 years I saw it there. It literally was just a party boat and derelict at that.

Many years ago, San Diego harbor on a large cockpit MY; "Little Miss Goody Two Screws"

Seen many years ago here in Rodney Bay was a Westerly Centaur sailing cruiser called "Passing Wind".

Half the blow boats in the world are named this. :blush:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My last boat was "Me Like Cookies" of course one of my part time job is Selling Cookies For Living.... The back of the Boat had a Big picture of a Cookie Monster with a cookie in one hand and a spear gun in the other hand... He had on a mask & snorkel as well ... Very colorful- but coast guard and every bridge tender asked me to repeat my boats name several times....

A few slips down from me is "She Got the House".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom