View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #42
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
RE: advice re boat

Lord Nelson? Too much rocker in the sheer and way too much in the house. The basic concept is great but executed too cutesy cutesy. They remind me of a little tugboat cartoon. Don't know anything about their mechanics or construction and if I did I may be inclined to overlook trite styling or whatever. But if you want a FD yacht there's not many boats to choose from. I wonder if my Willard is going up in value due to the fuel cost issue? I hav'nt read this whole thread so it may have been dealt with but if I was looking for another boat I'd be very concerned about bulsa core contrruction. I wonder if one could be better off w a wood boat maintenance wise than a bulsa core FG boat. I wonder if anyone has ever written a really objective compairison of FG and wood. It may be closer than we think. Having said that Marin perhaps you should buy the David B. Baker's right** .. the Krogen is one fine boat. I can be a very critical person (as most of you know) but the only thing I can find wrong w the Krogen is that in my opnion the boat is a bit too tall** ..* topsides and especially the wheelhouse. But then thats one of the reasons the GB is a bit wet, it may not be tall enough. Marin, what else have you considered? It's a shock to me that you would consider anything but a GB and I'm sure I'm not alone in my shocked state. Oh Marin, Look at the way those guys have the David B blocked up. That keel is going to remain straight** .. assuming it was when it was hanging in the slings. Looks like the Donna is moored next to a boat w a bad helmsman. I'm going for a run to Petersburg*** ..* be back in a week.

Eric Henning
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote