Newbie from PEI Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seadog2013

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sea Dog
Vessel Make
Jeaneau 21
Just started reading this forum about a month ago and I am really enjoying it.

Hello there, from Canada's sunset edge :)

Seadog, And welcome from the Great Lakes. Do you have a boat?

Hi Seadog,
Welcome aboard, everyone's very friendly here and there's a mine of useful information at your fingertips.

I'm preparing to retire to Newfoundland where I'll buy my first boat.

Robbie

Welcome from the other coast!

Hi Seadog,
Welcome from distant Australia. We enjoyed an 8 day PEI cycling holiday some years back, people very friendly, the fishing ports and anchorages are especially pretty places. Good food too, vital for cycling 100 km a day, often into headwinds.

Let me be the tenth to welcome you :)

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa, Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Just a half hour behind here but I would like to extend a welcome from the Rock.

Attachments

• IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 79
  • nfl.gif
    nfl.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
camano

Not sure if this is correct spot to post this!
Have been reading for some time regarding information on camanos. Currently have a 21ft jeaneau diesel inboard. Am looking to buy a camano or similar this coming fall or spring. Am interested in any information regarding availability,opinions on this vessel,and does one save money on older boat or should you pay first most you can afford rather than pay continuously for repairs even if can be done by self?

Hey Seadog, the Camano was reviewed not so long ago in another post. Have a peak and see if this answer any of your questions. Your like me a year ago, I thought my Aquasport 225 would be big enough but it just didn't cut it. The older versus newer has been knocked around a lot to, and it really comes down to the condition of an older boat, whether regular maintenance has been done, upgrades along the way etc. You can get an apparent good deal sometimes on an older boat but may have to spend a fortune on it in repairs and upgrades. For these boats it is important to get a good survey and costs of needed repairs and upgrades before you buy. Sometimes it is just cheaper in the long run to buy one with all this stuff done already. Insurance companies will sometimes demand the repairs before insuring it. Do your homework but most of all have fun looking.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s14/camano-31-a-8776.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom