Bath towels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
For the last few years we have been using Microfiber towels to dry off with after showering ob the boat. These are about 6 square feet in size and can be bought in the automotive section of stores. They soak up water very well, dry out quickly and fold up very small for storage. They do give a sensation of "dragging" across the skin, not a problem just a different sensation. They last a long time and when they get old will still make a great boat washing towel.

Nice tip, Steve, but do they get that sour smell after they've been wet a few times. Here in FL, I find that cotton feels the best but bamboo resists the sour odor for a longer time. We hang our towels out on the veranda after we shower which helps, but eventually the cotton gets sour.

We put these above the towel rack(s). Slide the towel corners into the clips and drape it over the rack. This way there is only a single towel layer against the rack and away from the wall. Dries quicker, more completely and there's no negotiating the folding over the rack.

SPECTRUM Adhesive V-towel Holder:Amazon:Home & Kitchen

IMAG1836.jpg

We use large clothesline pegs to attach towels etc to the lifelines. Like drying laundry on the condo verandah, but it works

Attachments

• DSC_1324.jpg
    DSC_1324.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 107
We just purchased some "Quick Dry" towels from Walmart last week and used them on a 3 day trip. They do dry quickly and absorb well. This type of towel can also be found at Penny's or Kohl's also.

I have been wondering the same. I looked at some of the camping supply stores for quick dry towels. Thanks for the ideas.

Back
Top Bottom