Good-bye TF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
You will be sorely missed Mr. SD. Godspeed.

3517jvp.gif

Like RTF said. I enjoyed your posts from way back in Passagemaker forum days, SD. Wish you and wife well. She is very brave going into the wilderness with her M/S, but no doubt you have that we'll covered.
Keep in touch when able...so long, it's been good to know you.

Semper sursum, Skipper.

Wolf Hound

Skipper Dude, unfortunately for me I have not been around here long enough to get to know you but I have a strong feeling I would enjoy your company, here or in person.
What a life changing chapter in your life that you and your wife are about to go on, many blessings sent your way.

Please ck in as you feel led.

Have a good one! Thanks for stopping by and doing your thing! You will be missed.

SD you will be missed! Please login with us when you make your provisioning forays. Godspeed!

SD,
Me too, you will be missed.
When you get a chance drop in and let us know how you and your wife are doing.

Big change and I wish you well.
Clark

SD,
Best of luck to you. Your insight will be missed here. Check back when you get the opportunity.You'll be living the dream, I'll be dreaming.

Livin on the wild side, go for it mate.
All the best to you and yours.
Check in with some stories and pics when you hit the smoke now and again.
Once again Cheers Skipperdude
Benn

SD:
Best of luck, amigo. Send pictures when you can.
Mike
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Be well SD. And this can't be a good bye, we have to know how the island works out for you and yours. Check in once in a while with pictures when you stop by civilization.

Godspeed Skipper!!!!! Not much else I can say. You are one of the "originals" and it has been a pleasure to have you around!!! Take care!!!

Howdy how has everyone been? Back in port for supplies and fuel.
Been as busy as I can be. Not complaining You just never know what you need to do till you have to do it all yourself.

Sorry no pictures I took a few but forgot the camera.
Hard to remember things like that when working 1/2 days. I doesn't matter what half of the day you are working. There are 24 hours in each one. I could use a few more.

So just thought I would check in and say helloto all my old buds.

SD

Ya never know how nice it is to go to a store untill you try the subistance life style.
The only store I will have from now on is the ocean and the garden of course.
Ever see that Alaska show about the Kelchers down Homer Way? sort of what I am doing.

Been doing a little trading with the natives.

Fishing season starts on the 15th.

SD

Skipper Dude - This is first I've seen this thread... sorry bout dat! Would a wished you my best before! Always enjoyed your posts as well as the few back and forth we had. I’m thinken of ya and hopen for your best luck ever!

I too had a couple interesting "get-out-o’-town" excursions in my past that lasted for a fair piece of life each... but... from reading this thread and looking a little into where you and your wife are now I can say my "out back" excursions were light weight in comparison... and, in your 60's too, Heck, I was a nubile pup - back when! LOL

Keep in touch and keep da faith! I’m confident you will do fine with this slice o’ life! You are one adventurous and tough Dude! SD!!

Always felt that was true by your posts... :thumb:

Last edited:
Great hearing from you SD! You must be looking like Grizzly Adams by now. Hope it's all you hoped it would be.

Thanks Art.

Not that big a deal really I have most of the comforts of home. including running water and hot showers. Run off the wood stove and gravity fed from a couple of 55 gallon drums. Piped in water from a small spring up grade keeps the tanks full and I have fresh water all winter long.

It did freeze up in the trough once or twice but I am working on a way to fix that problem.

Lots of work but I love every minut of it.

Sd

Gotta go fellas so I can catch the outgoing tide.

See you when next I am In port.

SD Out

Thanks for checking in SD! If it ever stopps snowing, maybe the south slopes will clear and I can go black bear hunting.....

Ditto. I have made the run from Seward to Fox Farm Bay in my Bayliner. Lone Tree Point can be pretty good halibut fishing from time to time. I would guess Knight Island, but I am sure if you wanted company you would put a name on it. I know there are a lot of in-holdings and a lodge over there. Planning to drag my metal detector over to Drier Bay and poke around this summer. The hatchery in Sawmill Bay does a great tour, I think they get bored a lot :)

SD

Thanks and God Bless you amigo. Be happy with your admiral!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom