Chickahominy River, VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yorksafloat

Veteran Member
Does anyone know of a dock owner on the Chickahominy River (near Williamsburg, VA) that would be willing to let me tie up my 55' steel trawler for about 4 months next year (mid-June to mid-October) while I wait out hurricane season and go to work at my office in Williamsburg?* I would live aboard.* I would also be ok with anchoring and just using the dinghy to get to the dock.* I will have a car.*
I am looking for something that is cheaper than a marina and I am pretty much self contained (don't need power or water).
Thanks.
Jim
M/V Antipodes

You might try posting or looking on Craigs List, I have seen a few people in this area trying to rent dock space at waterfront houses.

"I am looking for something that is cheaper than a marina and I am pretty much self contained (don't need power or water).'

Do you use a composting toilet , Incinolet or have months and months of holding capacity?

I have seen folks at dockside tie into a residential septic setup , but the usual formaldahde in no stink compounds place the septic system at severe risk.

Frequently a mooring at a marina will be the cheapest solution.

FF

I have rather large holding tanks and only need to pump out every couple of weeks.* I assume that I can just move the boat to the nearest pumpout station when I need to empty the tanks (at least that's how you do it on the west coast).* Are the "procedures" different on the east coast?

Jim
M/V Antipodes

Around here, we have a boat that comes around and pumps you out wherever you are, for a fee of course. You might check to see if there's somebody similar in that area. The boat here is called the Phewee-II.
smile.gif

Jim I keep my boat on the Chick. Most of the private docks on the river are geared toward small weekend runabout and wake board boats. There are a few larger boats which don't seem to move tied in a few places. There are two marina's on the river one is Rivers Rest which is an old marina that has had a make over in the last few years including a nice new Resturant and floating docks. A little to rich for my blood but nice people. The other is Colonial Harbor where I keep my boat. Its been there forever docks are old, people are colorful, the owner, Taylor Smith, is as nice a fellow as you would want to know. Pump out facilities that I know of on the Chick are very small and my not be able to handle a large holding tank. Maybe a 40 gallon tank but nothing of any size. That's the best I can do for you now. Both marinas are in the phone book and I have Taylors number here somewhere if you need it.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom