View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #280
CPseudonym
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse II View Post
If, in fact (and I believe him) his engine temp dropped 5 degrees, he experienced some benefit in running synthetic oil! A benefit that has me very interested.
That so far is the only relevant item I've seen worth pursuing in this whole thread Walt. If the gauge says cooler, it's cooler. If one has a motor tending toward higher temperatures like yours does it's well worth a try and see IMO. Certainly no harm will come from trying it out.

I agree with Tom(sunchaser) that if you want to see the facts you need to look at what the engine and lubrication manufacturers have to say. The problem with all the anecdotal sheen and compression claims, is it actually detracts from any real tangible benefits of the product. Wild claims don't sell mechanical and petro-chemical engineers, provable and repeatable data does. I'm sure more than one twin engine boat owner out there somewhere has already done a side by side comparison but so far none has posted here.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote