Alternatives to DeFever 49

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alternatives to Defever 49

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Ocean Alexander mk1

Of course you're right! It is a great cruising boat...

Attachments

• Ocean Alex.jpg
    Ocean Alex.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 414
Ken I'm a good broker who specializes in DeFevers, I have a PHD in DeFever.

Daddyo: This was my brother's boat. He is deceased now and I have been trying to confirm the length of his boat. My memory says that it was a 53, stretched (cockpit) to a 57. is that reasonable? It was powered by 2-375 Cats and cruised at 10 knots. We spent many a great outing in the Sea of Cortez on the "Arizona."

Sorry, but this is the only pic that I have and it was taken of a painting.

Attachments

• Arizona.jpg
    Arizona.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,227
Looks about right. Sorry you lost him, my guess he had a good life though! Is this her?

Attachments

• 4304437_20130416130836156_1_XLARGE.jpg
    4304437_20130416130836156_1_XLARGE.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Looks about right. Sorry you lost him, my guess he had a good life though! Is this her?
No, too many port lights in the hull and the Arizona had a blue canvas bimini.

I doubt the artist's port count was spot on. It's the other side of the boat. Mine isn't symmetrical (4 and 3). Canvas can be changed but either way your right it was a 57:thumb:

Here is an advertisement for the 57 POC back when they were new. This was in the November 1986 issue of MotorBoating & Sailing.

Attachments

• SCAN2900_000.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
Here is an advertisement for the 57 POC back when they were new. This was in the November 1986 issue of MotorBoating & Sailing.

Actually, I think Walt's brothers boat was the DeFever 57' Yachtfisher. It was based on the DeFever 53' POC with a cockpit added on the rear. In the picture Walt posted you can see the cockpit. The DeFever 57 POC has a flush deck and no cockpit. The Power Boat Guide says that only about 6 of the 57' Yachtfishers were built between 1986 and 1989. What year was your brother's boat Walt?

Daddyo, I understand you have a PhD in Defever ;) - how well do you know the Seahorse 52? I really like the Defever 49 RPH, but they all seem to be on the wrong side of the World for me! Many thanks in advance.

My 55 is being built as we speak. Delivery November. I will have walk around King size bed. Could not imagine a better layout for our use. Will get her down under on her own bum so if you can wait for another couple of months you'll have the full report.

I keep fining myself spending too much time looking at this Defever PH. Only 45, but looks clean"

That is the same model as my boat, a 46 pilot house. I've been watching it too. It seems well priced, in new condition, and equipped for coastal cruising. A new 46 similarly equipped would cost about $800k.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom