Standards other than AYBC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Spy
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 26
I am a technical standards geek. I have gigabytes of standards in pdf form on a memory stick for work. I thought I would start a thread that has links to standards that are relevant to boating. Sorry, I can't send you copies of my standards. They are copyrighted and have my name all over them.

Here's a few links worth reading if you like this kind of stuff:

Nordic Boat Standard

Construction Standards for Small Vessels (2010) - TP 1332 E

Naval Ships Technical Manuals I really like Chapter 75...

Last edited:
These are outstanding links. Thanks for posting them NS.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Ship salvage is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures from inconclusive instruments, performed with equipment of problematical accuracy by persons of doubtful reliability and of questionable mentality.

U.S. NAVY SALVOR’S HANDBOOK

I based my selection of bottom paint (Hempel Olympic 76600-51110) on this specification. I am very satisfied.

MIL-PRF-24647

I based my selection of bottom paint (Hempel Olympic 76600-51110) on this specification. I am very satisfied.

MIL-PRF-24647
Spy...You've got to change you avatar! I want to take your suggestions seriously but when I glance at your avatar, I get cold feet! :ermm:

Holyfoofaraw, Batman, i;ll need new glasses after all this. I won't get it all read but it definitely is of interest. I had some of it but not all this.
Thank You

I am a technical standards geek. I have gigabytes of standards in pdf form on a memory stick for work.

Be warned - if we ever meet in the Westview I'm going to mug you for it. The price those CSA bandits want for their standards...

Be warned - if we ever meet in the Westview I'm going to mug you for it. The price those CSA bandits want for their standards...

No need. All of the CSA standards are all protected. I can only read from my work computer. :nonono: Can't even print.

Geeeezzzz N Spy - I loaded em all into favorites - reading for ever! Thanks!

I have a copy but it is licensed to me, so I won't post. I was just looking at it the other day for the recommendations as I am fitting a new diesel stove and require a larger flue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom