Hello from Long Beach, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capthead

Guru
Vessel Name
Heads Up
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 Classic
I chanced upon this forum and read a few threads. I couldn't help but notice a few people I know so I decided to join and say hello to all here.

I have a GB 42 Classic trawler with twin Ford Lehman's and I also have a lowered cockpit for fishing and a King size bed in the aft cabin. This GB is one of probably only 5 ever built.

I'm currently replacing the teak deck and I'll have a glassed over deck painted white with nonskid. No more teak decks for me.

I lived aboard boats for over 25 years and have lots of stories to tell. Currently I'm a landlubber.

Cheers!! :socool:

Welcome! I recognize the avatar. Nice boat.

I chanced upon this forum and read a few threads. I couldn't help but notice a few people I know so I decided to join and say hello to all here.

I have a GB 42 Classic trawler with twin Ford Lehman's and I also have a lowered cockpit for fishing and a King size bed in the aft cabin. This GB is one of probably only 5 ever built.

I'm currently replacing the teak deck and I'll have a glassed over deck painted white with nonskid. No more teak decks for me.

I lived aboard boats for over 25 years and have lots of stories to tell. Currently I'm a landlubber.

Cheers!! :socool:

Welcome!:thumb:.....love the lines of GB's

Hey, Stretch! Glad you found us. Your expertise with GBs will be welcome here. Sea ya'!

Ray

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes. I'm glad I finally found you all. I hope to learn from the group and maybe I can pass on some tid bits as well.

Mike, one of my best friends is from BC. He grew up in a boating family and has many fond stories of the area.

Ray, I have lots of experience with big seas and winds aboard the Heads Up and even close calls with car carriers. The main thing I always know is I trust my boat, she has never let me down.

WELCOME!--- Are you in one of those GINORMOUS marinas I see during the IndyCar and Sportscar races?!?! I would love to know what some of the challenges are to marinas that size.

Actually, I live in Long Beach and I know those marina's well. My boat is up the harbor a few miles in what is officially the Los Angeles harbor. That huge harbor has two cities claiming it.

The city of LB owns and operates the marina you see in that race. As is most city/government run things, that marina has issues. I chose not to have my boat there. There is a lot of politics also as you could imagine. Either you're in or you are on the list.

Tom, that is a beautiful boat you have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom