Newbie????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blunda

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Blu Tug
Vessel Make
R27 Ranger Tug
Well after many years of lerking here and learning so much we have finally made a decision on a boat it might not be considered by all as a trawler but we going to have a ball in it:).
we have just ordered a brand new Ranger Tug R27 :):) to enjoy in our retirement cruising Mandurah (Western Australia) and some coastal trips;) our base will be in Mandurah :)
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Congrats! Love the Ranger Tugs... When do you expect to take ownership? Please post pictures when you can.

Is Peel Inlet as cool a gunkhole as it looks from google maps?

Last edited:
Congratulations, my wife and I were just on one in January at the Toronto boat show, a 29 I think. Beautiful, Enjoy!

Congrats! Love the Ranger Tugs... When do you expect to take ownership? Please post pictures when you can.

Is Peel Inlet as cool a gunkhole as it looks from google maps?

They are built close to Everett, my fiberglass guys works for them, and most of the new tugs come to the Everett Yard for bottom paint and final check. Nice will made boats.

so are you going to trailer it, and/or moored it on the hard? We trailer our 28 ft which increase the range of our cruising and reduced the time and expense which more than paid for the trailer.

Congrats indeed,
I was just checking it out on Google, it's actually not a bad price for a new boat.

Looks as if it's nicely finished, interior wise.

Ranger Tugs are very nice boats. Jeff Messmer used to work at C-dory (our brand of boat before moving to a GB). The service at Ranger is legendary. I'm sure you will enjoy the 27! We looked at them but my wife wanted walk around decks.

Hi All,
Well it looks like the build will start April 1:) then however long it takes to complete. Then shipped :thumb:.
So will keep you all updated as it progresses:)
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Welcome Peter & Ronie. Good to have some more on the forum from downunder. I was very taken by the Ranger 27 at the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show last May. Very pretty and yet functional and roomy for its size. I loved Mandurah the one time we were there. Just missed the excellent boat show they hold their to my disappointment. It had been on the weekend before we got there. I am a bit of a boat show tragic, I guess.
Anyway, she should be a great wee boat for nipping around the coast with the odd trip to Rottnest Island etc

Ah a fellow WA boatie! Hello and welcome! We are from WA also. Carlisle to be precise. We run out from Fremantle fishing boat harbour.

I saw the ranger tug at the Mandurah boat show. Bit low in the sides for me but each to their own. They are a cute little tug tho!

I have a Len Randell built ex-cray timber boat that I have stripped down and am in the process of rebuilding.

With the WA members growing, I vote we do a boat raft up meet and greet sometime!

Well that's all. Post pics as you get them. We all love pics! :)

Hi Hendo,
We are in Coolbellup staying at daughters place waiting for our park home to be organized in Mandurah:) As well as applying for a hold on a marina berth at Bouvard marina:).
I went to school in Carlisle years ago hehehehe before family moved to Bentley finished school there . I know the R 21 are a bit low on the sides but we are very happy with the coming R 27:).better stop for now other wise I will fill pages of past history :whistling:.
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Well done Blunda,
Now the long wait. It will be a joy when it finally arrives.
Can you tow the Ranger in Western Australia? I don't think we can her in SA. Only the R21.
Have fun!

Steve

Hi Hendo,
We are in Coolbellup staying at daughters place waiting for our park home to be organized in Mandurah:) As well as applying for a hold on a marina berth at Bouvard marina:).
I went to school in Carlisle years ago hehehehe before family moved to Bentley finished school there . I know the R 21 are a bit low on the sides but we are very happy with the coming R 27:).better stop for now other wise I will fill pages of past history :whistling:.
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Hi mate.
Ah yep I know coolbellup. Did a few house reno's out that way last year. Re: the ranger, I'm sure the 27 will be a beaut. Hope you don't think I was knocking ya choice! Just something i noticed about the 21 that's all.

If you have a look at my boat building post you'll understand that I can't really pass judgement on any boat at this stage of the build hahaha.

I'm building my boat out at Forestfield (just off Roe hwy) love to show it off sometime if you're interested in listening to my blab on about it lol or if you're up to picking up a tool or two you're welcome to! :)

Bouvard will give you great access out through the cut!

We'll be buying a swing mooring out in Bullcreek. Close to home and cheap. Would love a pen but the waiting lists are massive, costs are huge, most wont look at me cause mine is a timber vessel (albeit brand spanking new!) and having to buy a club membership doesn't float my boat.

Ive got a Haines Hunter 1800SO at the moment so If you need a support boat to be there when you launch to help out or to take photos and videos etc, give me a bell, I'll do it for you :) My number is 0418 291 412 :-D

Cheers
Hendo ;-)

Last edited:
Hi Hendo,
I will take you up on a look and good chat about AXE and the bend your ear about my Ranger Tug hehehehehe as I have the broucher and details:).
as for helping out depends on how I,m dressed :blush:. But it might not be until next week or later as we might have to go down to Mandurah waiting on details of house and paperwork :ermm: But will give you a call before I come:socool:.
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Hi Hendo,
I will take you up on a look and good chat about AXE and the bend your ear about my Ranger Tug hehehehehe as I have the broucher and details:).
as for helping out depends on how I,m dressed :blush:. But it might not be until next week or later as we might have to go down to Mandurah waiting on details of house and paperwork :ermm: But will give you a call before I come:socool:.
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Yeah mate no worries. Feel free to come and have a chat anytime you're free, without the fear of getting made to do some sanding lol

I'm a young, well relatively young ( 34 yo) whipper snapper so still work Mon-Fri but am there most afternoons after 4pm and most weekends until 5pm. Just give me a call or text and we'll sort something out mate.

Re: support vessel offer, if mine is to small and you want a bigger vessel to assist, my mate has offered to bring out his 2011 50ft Rivera flybridge. I was speaking to him today about your ranger and he said he'll help if he is not up north on a mine site. Up to you tho mate. I know when it's time to launch AXE, I'll be asking everyone to come and help. So many things to think of, do, check, bleed, burp, test etc etc so the last thing I want to be thinking of is drifting and stressing out. Much easier to be towed out by another vessel and do it away from the sling :)

Oh one last thing, I have a naming ceremony that I found on the net so if you're as superstitious as I am I can email it to you if you want?. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Well our new Ranger Tug 27 build was started 2 days ago :):) so will keep you posted on the progress as it takes shape:thumb:.
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Hi All,
Well our new Ranger Tug 27 build was started 2 days ago :):) so will keep you posted on the progress as it takes shape:thumb:.
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Let us know when its done as they take them to the Everett marina for bottom pain and testing. :flowers:

Well she is on a ship and should be in Fremantle ( Western Australia) 5-10 July then electronics and toys fitted, sea trials then ours to enjoy :)

Cheers
Peter and Ronie B

I'm excited for you. We are considering a Ranger as well. Let us know if they are as well built as advertised! Sounds like a lot of boat for the size and $$. Congratulations!

Hi Bligh,
We have been looking at Ranger Tugs for the last 6 years and after looking at lots f other choices and life styles we decided to order the R27 after seeing a R25 here loves the way they are built and finish all the nice things that come with the deal also made it an easy choice. Our local Ranger Tug agents Michelle and Craig have been so supportive and helpful answering any questions we had:).We also belong to "Tugnuts" forum which also is very informative:)

Cheers
Peter and Ronie B

Had a great weekend chose out electronic package and placed the order now more things to wait for :) the boat should be here 5-10 July:).
Them we can see her in all her packaging before stripping it off ( be like Xmas ) hehehehe
Cheers
Peter and Ronie

Blunda, I hope you start a thread of your new Ranger's shipping, delivery and sea trial. Sounds like your plan is all coming together in the next few weeks. Congrats!

Thanks All for your replies and good wishes "Blu Tug " is on board the Coral Bay which is docked in Botany Bay New South Wales. I can only track her through Marine traffic.com this only shows the lines the ship is taking no pics of her :mad: But once she gets here I will be taking lotsa pics so will post them for all to see:)

Cheers
Peter and Ronie B

Hi All,
Here is the latest update :)
All electronics ordered and on their way:)
Tuesday morning we go shopping with our local agent to but safety equipment and toys :)
As Blu Tug will be here in 10 days:):)

Cheers
Peter and Ronie B

Back
Top Bottom