Riddle me this.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besslb

Guru
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 42'
Anyone else think this just a little bit humorous? :lol::socool::ermm:

Attachments

• Speed limit.jpg
    Speed limit.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 159
Oh come on, it's funny! I'm not "hating", we only do 7. I just thought it was super funny to be in a sea of stick boats with a 5mph speed limit!! :lol:

I had a guest tonight (a very linear thinker) that laughed himself silly about this photo. I kind of just sat there in amazement as he went on and on. The interesting thing is how linear he is and how linear the photo is. It really is a sea of vertical sticks. I want to thank you for posting the photo, cuz now that I know this about him, I'll make sure not to invite him over here again.:lol:

Makes good sense to me.

Bess, is that Pecan Grove? I know Oriental's the "Sailing Capital" but I wonder why there aren't a few more power boaters over there.

Bess, is that Pecan Grove? I know Oriental's the "Sailing Capital" but I wonder why there aren't a few more power boaters over there.

We or 1 of 9 power boats there.

OMG the halliard bang'in must be AWFUL.

I must be really weird as I don't think it's funny at all .. the picture. I was think'in about ask'in you to show or tell what is to the left of the pic thinking that may explain why the speed limit is so low. But sailboats don't really represent slow generally speaking to me as we get passed by most sailboats over 40' or so.

Last edited:
Greetings,
I missed the humor/irony as well. Now that you explain it, I can just imagine the furor if someone drives 6 mph. Most probably out-volume the halliards.

Sailboats=Slow (generally speaking) Speed 5 MPH=Slow :blush:

And actually there is ZERO halliard banging. Very courteous sailors in this marina. I guess they don't want to hear it anymore than we do. :dance:

Okay...sorry....I thought it was humorous. :) And we've been passed by sailboats too..got waked by one even.....doesn't make it less funny to me.

Oh well....to each his own.

Yes, Al, this is Pecan Grove. Really a nice marina so far. We're staging early for a run to Ocracoke this summer!

Would the Parallel Parking sign have been funnier??

I like it!!

Here's the Parallel parking picture...

Attachments

• Parking.jpg
    Parking.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 170
I saw the humor but didn't fell the need to consume bandwidth with my useless response.

I assumed the speed limit was actually for the cars on the road given the placement of the sign. My experience is that nobody can drive a car less than or equal to 5 mph. I have had to do that on the freeway before and it nearly killed me! My car normally idles faster than 5 mph.

... But sailboats don't really represent slow generally speaking to me as we get passed by most sailboats over 40' or so.

Last weekend was typical for us. Was passed by by every boat except for this sailboat in light winds.

img_141156_0_1c2d2dfbdd487abcc9d3f79c43ff2a62.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom