About the new "Thanks" button (rumor abatement)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Pacifica
Vessel Make
Cape Dory
Several folks have asked me today about the new "thanks" button that appears on every post. here's how it works:

If you like a post or have a positive comment to make to the poster, you can click on the thanks button. A comment box will pop up and you can enter text or opt to leave it blank.

The member receiving the thanks can view it via their user cp, just under the list of subscribed threads. The comments will be displayed as well as the date, name of person leaving the comment and a link to the post referenced in the comment.

Only the most recent comments are displayed.

There are no prizes, swag or any other kind of forum favors that can be traded for thanks. It's just for fun and to help cut down on the number of one liner posts. This is another way to show approval.

If you don't want to receive the PM notice associated with a Thank You, you can disable that option in your user cp (edit options)

:flowers:

I think it is a good feature. We have it on several medical forums, (ok, fora) , I lurk on.

So I only see the "thanks" button on my own posts. Anyone else have that problem?

So I only see the "thanks" button on my own posts. Anyone else have that problem?

That's because we are mods, Jennifer. We have a different button there than Thanks.

There is the standard "Thanks" button at the bottom of every moderator's post, at least on all the computers and iPads I use.

Unless you mean on your own computers you don't see "Thanks" buttons on any one else's posts but your own and you have an admin button in place of the "Thanks" button on everyone else's posts.

Last edited:

I see it on everyone's post & am trying to get in the habit of using it more often. It saves the rest of the membership from having to read 20-30 "thank yous" a day. I think that because you are a moderator, your screen might be different than ours.

Last edited:
I see a thanks button on every post so if you're not, you might complain to someone in the know ;)

Been wondering the same thing myself Jennifer. It's just us lowly Mods that do not have it on our screens. I've wanted to thank several members but we have a different button available to us instead.

I've wanted to thank several members but we have a different button available to us instead.

WOW! You guys should get one of these: They're great! :lol:

Attachments

• Thanks.jpg
    Thanks.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 202
Being a mod is a thankless job.

Just so you all know, we do not have a 'Thanks' button because there is a mod action button there instead. So if you ever wonder why mods never give thanks, we can't. It is the cross we must bare. Still, we are thankful to be a part of your community every day. I personally thank all of you for the help, information, and virtual friendship you all have given me.

BTW... For those that have not noticed, I had Janet change my GonzoF1 name to Tom.B. Just so you aren't confused about that.

Tom-

Reactions: JD
Actually, thanks moderators, you are appreciated, the site could not function without you.
Now that "different button". Would "mod action button" be a euphemism for a dump button? Not to say I didn`t deserve it the time a post got shafted.

We are sworn to secrecy. :angel:

:D

LOL Tom! It's an edit post button for us Bruce.

Small trivial point to some but although the Mod team has the ability to edit any post at anytime, every one of us refuses to edit our own posts no matter how dumb we may sound. Our way of not abusing the authority we've been entrusted with.

Thank you Bruce as I have no button to push ;)

BTW... For those that have not noticed, I had Janet change my GonzoF1 name to Tom.B. Just so you aren't confused about that.

Tom-

Thanks for making my life just a bit more difficult!

img_136557_0_62d0f6c3744ce45870f1c8aa01927301.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. Peter B. Not particularly difficult to address any situation with a pic'. I just have a bit more restraint...

koala-wink.gif

Been wondering the same thing myself Jennifer. It's just us lowly Mods that do not have it on our screens. I've wanted to thank several members but we have a different button available to us instead.

:facepalm:

Since it seems that both of you have this issue I checked and there was a setup issue. Gaslight treatment over. You should be able to see the thank button on other posts now :whistling:

:hide:

Greetings,
Mr. Peter B. Not particularly difficult to address any situation with a pic'. I just have a bit more restraint...

koala-wink.gif
Very cute, especially the right eye wink. Anyone see that pic awhile back of a koala drinking from a firefighter`s water bottle? They normally get enough moisture from leaves.

I've been THANKED!:flowers:

They show up as a personal message! :socool:

Back
Top Bottom