renaming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blunda

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Blu Tug
Vessel Make
R27 Ranger Tug
Hi All,
When we import out boat from America :) it has a name and home port of registration,
We know you can change the boat name but can you also change the home port of registration too ?
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Hi All,
When we import out boat from America :) it has a name and home port of registration,
We know you can change the boat name but can you also change the home port of registration too ?
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

You'll need a lot of alcohol, some good friends, and a virgin....

Good friends and virgins are no problem:) but i alcohol no thanks it dont mix with boats or cars :nonono:
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Good friends and virgins are no problem:) but i alcohol no thanks it dont mix with boats or cars :nonono:
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

2 out of 3 aint bad. I'd struggle to find the virgin.

well the grandkids are still under 12 mth old so thats where i get the virgins :rofl:
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

You'll be pouring the booze over the boat as a cleansing for the new boat....

Hi All,
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

If you're importing a boat from America, I will assume that you live somewhere other than America. You'll have to check with the authorities in your country for how to change the name and home port. In the USA it's called "documentation" and it's done through the US Coast Guard.

Smaller boats in the USA don't have to be documented with the Coast Guard, they can be registered (it's different) by the state where the boat is kept. State registered boats don't have official names or homeports so all you need is a paint brush or decal to change the name and/or home port.

Just make sure you perform a proper renaming ceremony. After careful research and information we decided it was best to not rename the boat. If not done properly with respect, the water gods will be very PISSED. :D

Well actaully we could not find a VIRGINS!:eek: :rofl:

How and by who is the boat being shipped with/through?:confused:

Last edited:
Marilyn was in her early 30's when we got married. She kept her name. Gray Hawk was approaching 30 when we bought her. We figured that maybe she wouldn't want to change her name either so we left it alone.

I think I'll be OK changing the name on mine since she's only had the current name for about a year. There's not even anything on board with that name on it, beside the transom. I already removed the old documentation paperwork that had the old name before that.

Obviously I plan to follow the ceremony correctly.

Finding a virgin is going to be the tough part. Do grand-kids count?

I've got enough to do without having Neptune working against me!

Including kids is a good idea.

img_134815_0_f58cded7d2c45bdfbfdb5b83459df252.jpg

Back
Top Bottom