Thread: Camano 31
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
Steve
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
Here is something interesting, when I was selling my Camano in July 2008 at a low point in the boat market I advertized on MTOA, Other free forums and put a couple of ads in Passagemaker. The usual nigerians and a couple curious lookers contacted me but nothing serious for months. One day I get an email from a a guy in Sweden, he had seen the ad in Passagemaker, he knew of the boats and had seen one, probably the only one in Europe, and liked it. We haggled back and forth on price and finally settled. He flew over to see her, arriving Wed afternoon, I brought him to see her at my slip. He liked her and we even made a "sea trial" up and down the bayou a few times. he decided to buy, and at about 3 in the morning he called his banker in Sweden, and ordered the funds transferred to my account. At nine I called my banker the funds were in my acct. We started getting her ready for shipment, Bimini and dinghy stowed and all secured. We notarized the sale and brought her to a travel lift on Friday. Monday before Noon she was on a truck headed for Brunswick, GA to board a freighter for Sweden. She arrived Sweden fine he has sent me pics and is enjoying her.
Steve W
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote