Outer reef trawler tug $9,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krogenken

Vessel Name
BOOMERANG
Vessel Make
Shamrock 20’ cuddy
Greetings all! In doing a search for outer reef 26 trawlers I ran across a thread from March 2012. It had details of one for sale near Ortona, Fl. It appears from the thread that the boat sold. I'm hoping that if the buyer is on the forum and would be interested in selling, that he orshe would contact me. I owned one of these about 12 yrs ago. I wish I had kept it.
My wife and I are downsizing from a Krogen 42. Any info about this outer reef or any others for sale would be appreciated. I don't mind a project boat at all.
Thanks in advance,
Ken
Ft Myers, Fl

Last edited by a moderator:
That boat belonged to a neighbor , and was sold last summer.

It was a fantastic deal as it has a new engine.

FF

outer reef trawler tug $9,000

FF,
I was able to reach the woman in Ortona, Fl who posted the ad. She said the boat was in Missouri now. All of her records on the sale were in Michigan. As such, she couldn't help me with any contact info.
Thank you for your reply.
Ken

Sorry but you are a year late,

When a REAL DEAL comes up , waiting is never a great idea.

Since Craigs list is free , lots of low priced boats will show there , or in FL Mariner, where the photo ads are modest in price.

Dont bother with brokers , as there is no money in a $10K fixeruper , and hundreds of broke Lookey Lous .

FF,
I fully agree with you about jumping on a deal when it pops up. I belive we saw this boat in March 2012 when coming from Stuart to Ft Myers with our present boat. It wasn't until August or September that we decided to downsize. So I was too late at that point.
I am looking at one (project boat) near me & will be talking to a broker about a turnkey boat in Washington state. They only made 30 of these, so I may have to be very patient. It will work out the way it is supposed too. In the mean time, I need to sell the Krogen 42 to make room at the dock.
I do watch Craiglist and have posted WTB ad there. I have bought 2 Shamrocks that way.
Thanks for your post,
Ken

What the heck is a "trawler tug?"

I've owned a tug, and a couple of euphemistically labeled "trawler" style boats but there wasn't anything remotely similar between them.

Rick,
For some reason, if it has a pilot house and anything that loosely passes for a "stack", some folks call it a tug. I don't understand it, but there it is.
I really had the "hots" for a Lord Nelson Victory Tug, but IS just couldn't swing the bucks and the wife said too small to liveaboard. We bought a KK 42 and moved aboard. I came down with a medical situation and now we are in a house, have put the Krogen up for sale and I'm looking ffor the next boat.
Ken

Just saw your post...Would the boat you mentioned in wash be an Allweatherboat.com??
I have one posted on seattle craigs list right now...

Outer Reef

No, I was not inquiring about your Allweather. The boat I was looking at was an Outer Reef 26 in Anacortes , WA.
What are you asking for your boat?
Ken

I would like to get at least $12,000 where is as is here in Bullhead Az including the trailer. Long ways from your part of the country though...could prob kick in something towards getting it there.

I suppose it is a recreational trawler that has a tug-like appearance such as this (sails optional) even though it's not a fishing trawler nor a tug:

232323232%7Ffp54375%3Enu%3D394%3A%3E7%3A9%3E557%3E2%3A3%3B7%3A9648245ot1lsi

There's a beautiful one for sale -- looks like Sydney, so pretty far. Here's the link: Powerboats: 26' Outer Reef 26 Trawler Tug - Listing #: 3439.
My dad is the designer/builder of the Outer Reef 26. He'd be very proud to know that his little "tug" has a following.

Boatbuildersdaughter, Welcome to Trawler Forum. It must warm your heart to see examples of your Dad's life work still floating and providing enjoyment to boaters.

Perhaps you can start a thread with more info and stories of your Dad's boat building. I'd love to learn more about him and his boats. Are you a boater yourself?

I've owned a tug, and a couple of euphemistically labeled "trawler" style boats but there wasn't anything remotely similar between them.

It has about as much in common with a tug as all the "trawlers" have in common with the non seagoing pretend trawlers.

This thread has risen from the dead and it isn't even Easter.

Good threads never die. HA Ha
Just bought a ‘82 Outer Reef 26. It is in Lupperion DR. These old boats seem to show up everywhere.
Was wondering if anyone else still has one and where the boat is located.
DR is a long way from where she was built. Interested in how far from Florida these little boats have migrated?

Back
Top Bottom