View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
reefdrifter
Veteran Member

City: Port Charlotte, Florida
Vessel Name: Reef Drifter
Vessel Model: 1983, 34 ft., Marine Trader
What about that smell?

We have been looking a many different trawler type boats, in fact we looked at a 1988 Trojan Fly Bridge with the same interior smell.* As soon as you enter the salon you get a very acrid smell.* We have only visited one boat of the mid 80's vintage that did not have any nasty smell and I noted it to our broker.*

Have you guys noted this smell?* It is like no other smell and I am thinking it is a combination of the toilets and deisel fuel and maybe just a not*so clean boat.* None of the boats we have been looking at are exactly real clean but what in the heck am I smelling and what do you do to eliminate this smell?*

We like this one 1980 Albin boat but I am worried that we won't be able to clean the boat enough to negate the smell.* I am thinking that maybe replacing the toilets and the drain lines to the holding tank would do the trick and just keeping some clorox in the bowl would help.* Are the older boats (80's) all stinkers?* Has anyone else noted this smell*and what did you do to freshen things up?
reefdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote