Italian, French marinas hit by rogue waves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scroll down to the San Remo video and you'll see it's not a rogue wave but a massive storm swell.

swell vs wave... could be a new lasting thread ^_^

? an extreme method of preparing cars for export. Most Italian cars come here as deck cargo on submarines.
Actually I feel for the people involved. Looks very nasty.

scroll down to the San Remo video and you'll see it's not a rogue wave but a massive storm swell.

Having just been in a storm surge, (Cyclone Oswald) just recently myself, (see post entitled 'Deja Vu - again' for pics), that looked way faster than storm surges come in, and would have to rate as a rogue wave, even if it was coming in on the back of a local storm surge, in my view.

Just saying it wasn't a single rogue wave event. The other video describes and shows a prolonged wave event of many of the same waves. Take a look very cool..

An event like that may result from a combination or co-incidence of 2 or more of: a high tide + storm surge + unusually large wave = disaster. If estuarine, a high level of out-flowing river water combined with high tide could be another factor.

An event like that may result from a combination or co-incidence of 2 or more of: a high tide + storm surge + unusually large wave = disaster. If estuarine, a high level of out-flowing river water combined with high tide could be another factor.

or a couple of fatty boombas bomb diving???!!! Hehehe :)

Motor cyclist

G Captain reports that the cyclist was not injured.

Back
Top Bottom