Allweather Boats For Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Homer Hughes is selling his business;

Allweather Boats

I don't think there's a nicer trailerable boat out there.

You can pack some fancy bling on a boat, especially above the waterline, but if what matters to you is seaworthiness in a trailerable boat (without oversize permits) an Allweather 26 is about as good as it gets.

Murray

Murray: This is a fascinating, refreshing boat that I've never been exposed to before. Thanks for bringing my attention to it. I'd bet even Eric would put his stamp of approval on this hull. Don't you just love the QPH (quarts per hour) fuel consumption quotes. Down here, you'd be rocking and rolling all the time from big Sport Fisher wakes, but up there in the PNW, ideal. Is that a paravane system I see on one of those photos?

Is that a paravane system I see on one of those photos?

That's probably one used as a commercial boat for trolling salmon, where the booms are used to get more lines out. They don't look very "stout", but maybe...

Last edited:
I have one of the Allweather boats that was set up as a hand troller, they had an aluminum mast and heavier outriggers than the one pictured on the allweather site...

How 'bout some pics and info. I am a big fan of these boats, they are small in a big way.

Hijack alert!

Capt. Jack, just wanted to mention that my grandson, Griffin, plans to enter Flagler College there in your home town. May be searching for a home for Moonstruck maybe on the San Sebastion River. What do you think of Oyster Creek Marina?

Don
oyster creek Marina is decent. Close to downtown and shopping etc. Conch house is also good, more resort flavor, but it does get bouncy in winter northerlies. Both have good parking if your going to be commuting.
Comachee Cove marina is very nice but a bit farther from town without a car. Give me a heads up before you get to town. I live in Jacksonville these days (Orange Park).

Never seen or heard of these boats before but I sure would like the chance to take one out on the water. what a cool boat.

Nice hull lines. It reminds me of an Aussie built boat called a Cuddles, with the canoe stern, and interior usability.

allweatherboats.com is the site to get all the info on these boats...
They do not have much appeal to the wives, I have had three buyers back out after showing the wife the boat pics....

Great fishing/cruising/trawler style boat...prob not a true yacht.

Allweather boat OCHO 1982 boat #8
$20,000 boat and aluminum trailer
Located in Bullhead City Az
Perkins Perama M30 diesel 3 cylender 350 psi in each cylender. A little low but mechanic who did the test said oughta still have 1,000 hrs or so left in it.
Previous offer was from a tug boat capt that pushes the fuel barges from Wash. to Ak 40 days on 40 days off.
Cant get a better recomendation than that...
No bank financing available on this old a boat.
George

Now that is a real boat, pure function over form, but beautiful in its undiluted functionality. Murray, thank you for posting this, I wasn't familiar with them. Reminds me a little of the original Albin 25, though that wasn't a double-ender.

It's understandable why it appeals to many of us here, this is trawler forum after all. But, I can see how this could be a tough business proposition with limited market appeal. One of the used boats listed on the site mentioned '1994, last one built' - is it possible that there haven't been any built in almost 20 years?

Most boaters seem to use their boats either as floating condos that rarely leave the dock, or for day trips, purposes that the AllWeather would not do well. I would imagine that many people who want to do extended cruising might buy a bigger used boat rather than a smaller one like this new. Despite what is probably a limited market, I hope someone picks them up and they continue. I could see myself getting one of these in about 10 years, when my crusing days are behind me, to use for short trips and just puttering around, but in a solid, seaworthy boat that could probably handle whatever might come up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom