View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
Outlaw

RE: The Salmon Troller WHITE CLOUD

born, no, don't know what you are saying. there probably is alot of white clouds out there. this was and still is sorta a ketch turned salmon troller built in 1928, builder unknown.

Rick, i probably do not have all the experience you have working on old wood boats but i do know a thing about boats, haveing grown up for awhile arount fishermen and their boats in old tacoma and sewing nets when i was 6 yrs old. i have seen enough about boats to say yes to your ?. i also have a few years working on boats in Florida so yes and since i have been around wood and lumber all my life yes i do know athing or two about things. i know about ironwood and yes in the picure there look like something was going on. when i look at it it looked ok. i just haven't gotton inside the boat yet to see if anyrthing is going on with the stem, which there could be but i doubt it. that hull on the outside just looks a little tired, i would be too if i was born in 1928.lol.

i have never used dock street brokers so i do not know about them. they just haven' gotten back to me yet, so i will have to go see em and get on the boat to look to see if this is really what i want. getting a name of someone to survey a boat for me was a nice thing to do. if i get really serious about this at least i have a name in which i will check up on her and a good mechanic. even though i have also worked on diesels only in trucks, not marine, so if ya all know a good one that too would be nice. again, thanks all for your comments and i don't want this to become a bad thing. we all have oppinons about things and i just wanted to here what you all think. thanks

Outlaw
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote