Hello From Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ARRGH

Vessel Name
EMMA
Vessel Make
1986 Vista Sun Deck Trawler
Hello all,
My name is Frank and I live on my 52' vista sundeck trawler in Maine. This is my 2nd year as a full time liveaboard.

Hello all,
My name is Frank and I live on my 52' vista sundeck trawler in Maine. This is my 2nd year as a full time liveaboard.

Welcome abord Frank. You are a braver man than I living on a boat in this area in the winter. Ours is on the hard until black fly season starts.

Hello all,

Welcome Frank, any pics of the boat. We all love pics!:smitten:

Does that boat come with a snow shovel ? Use to hail from Portmouth, NH but one day the bus came to town and I jumped on it, now we boat all year long and drive 3 hours to go play in the snow, but welcome aboard

Welcome! We are liveaboards in Florida but hope to cruise to Maine one day.....in summer.

Hi Frank – Welcome to TF

69 to mid 70’s I lived in and boated out of Camden/Rockport. :popcorn:

Not another Damn Yankee! Dwhatty is all the Yankee we need. Just kidding, welcome aboard. Note that I drive a Yankee built boat.

Hey Frank - better batten down - looks like we won't get above freezing at all next week. Where do you keep her?

liveaboard

Hello all,

Frank-

Looks like you have a great boat for a liveaboard. We spent 2 years in Southport Marine in So. Portland- including winters. Are you in Dimillos? You probably didn't have to sink a water hose and have water parties with others twice a month! And those nor'easters are fun with that 7 mile fetch. I have some stories.

Chuck

Love to hear how you winter over.

What do you do for heat?

What do you do for water?

What do you do for pump out?

How do you keep from sliding down the ramp and into the water at low tide?

Do you have any trouble with the water around the boat freezing?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Love to hear how you winter over.

What do you do for heat?
We had a diesel pot belly stove with a pulse pump from the tanks. Supplimented with an electric space heater in the aft cabin. Cold floors!

What do you do for water?
Ran a hose from the marina to the boats, then sunk the hose so it wouldn't freeze up. Water days were an event.

What do you do for pump out?
Always used the shore facility- really!

How do you keep from sliding down the ramp and into the water at low tide?
Good boots and hang on.

Do you have any trouble with the water around the boat freezing?
The marina would keep the ice broken up a bit but we would freeze in for about 2 weeks every winter. We would run the engine in reverse a couple of times a week and that kept the build up down. Didn't seem to do any harm.

Inquiring minds want to know?
Interesting that we did it but frankly no desire to try it again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom