Hall of Fame 2013 Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
Mr. SH. You don't think being an Enigma is fun? I'm laughing all the way to the ________......Fill in the blank....Haahahaha Uh oh, new poll?????

One usually doesn't bestow the moniker "enigma" on one's self. That usually is left up to others. I am beginning to really understand your true personality. My bad.

Attachments

• Enigma.png
    Enigma.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
One usually doesn't bestow the moniker "enigma" on one's self. That usually is left up to others. I am beginning to really understand your true personality. My bad.

I missed it first time around.....I thought he said he was an 'enema'...:facepalm::facepalm:

Greetings,
Mr.rochepoint. Yup, I was waiting as well but members were either too polite (well, some maybe) to mention it or simply unobservant. While I was cajoled and honored two years ago to be appointed to TFHOF (remember, pronounced ta-foof as in saloon) I felt, in light of the possibility of sharing my lofty position, I should abdicate. As mentioned by another member, and I can't find the reference now, this site should be educational and FUN. I normally post WRT the latter although a modicum of seriousness DOES creep into my posts during periods of comedic weakness. I'm happy to contribute and if I can generate a smile, giggle or nay, dare I say it, a guffaw or belly-laugh, I consider my post a success.

troll_approval.gif

Greetings,
Mr. SD and Mr. Anode. Now THAT stuff is funny!!!!! Thanks.
Mr. SH. Hmmm....not mysterious enough for ya? Well, I'll just have to try harder....
For instance: What kind/size of boat do I have/not have?
Am I married or not?
Where do I live?
How old am I?
What do/did I do for work?
How many jelly beans are in the jar?

stock-photo-5362017-jelly-bean-jar-half-empty.jpg

Last edited:
I missed it first time around.....I thought he said he was an 'enema'...:facepalm::facepalm:

:rofl::rofl: Well, I could...no, I won't go there. :D

I have noticed I sometimes bring out the best in people...And Mr. Rick B. as usual, cutting right to the point!

Mr. Enigma; I suggest you read RickB's post again. I think you reached the wrong conclusion.:confused:

Well guys as to the campaign I've heard at least one complain of not getting I'll remind you that I (and the others as far as I know) was/were nominated and I'm not "running" for political office or pay. I'm honored that I was nominated and also that I am ahead (at this point) but I do view this as a way of the TF members collectively saying "your'e a swell guy" or your'e very experienced and knowledgeable or something else that's in the heads of TF members. I don't consider this extremely serious and somber or fun either. It would be more "fun" if I wasn't among the nominated and I'd feel better about it if Marin were here along w Moonstruck and dwhatty. And I don't understand why I should get more votes than sunchaser with the exception of my thread "A Long Way Home ll". It was a lot of work for me but so many seemed to REALLY like it I'm deeply pleased and perhaps this whole thing could be nothing more than "thanks for a great thread". But if I was to take credit for something else it should be all the time I've spent pouring out all my ideas and presumed knowledge getting garbage thrown at me at times and ignored often so you guys could dependably have footballs to kick around. So very many here aren't prone to participate so a few like me are necessary to keep the ball moving and thus the forum alive and well. I SHOULD get some credit for that but Marin obviously tops my considerable performance in this way.

I was actually considering dropping out of TF for awhile as I think I'm spending too much time here (my wife sure does) but I don't see that happening to any great extent but no guarantees. I don't think anybody really knows what we're doing here but I think TF is basically about;
1. Learning from each other.
2. Having fun
Fun isn't all about jokes to me. Fun is sharing what I know or learning from my mistakes or misconceptions I've been pack'in around. Or a good joke by someone else.
The one ythink I'm truly amazed at is the very low numbers of TF people that have voted. Don't understand that at all.

Jay,
I swear on a stack of Bibles as high as the Empire State Building that I would NEVER EVER do that.

RTF,
Your not as secretly hidden as you think you are. I just saw you on Yahoo News re the hybrid Cadillac.

A hybrid Cadillac does seem like a stupid idea. It's existence tells all about what's driving hybrid sales.

2users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down1users disliked this commentRufus_t_firefly • 2 hours 5 minutes ago Report Abuse
and the optional - of course - 100 mile extension cord is priced at an additional $7500.00

0users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down2users disliked this commentRufus_t_firefly • 2 hours 7 minutes ago Report Abuse
a hybrid Cadillac ?
I can hardly wait for the Bentley hybrid.

Your old avatar

Link:
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/2014-cadillac-elr-caddy-coupe-volt-emerges-175740405.html

For those that want to see RTFs comment click "more" 3 or so times.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. Eric. Hahahaha...good catch but I'm not quite that cynical. I DO favor GM's though. My '92 Cheby is not electric at the moment although there was this time when Pastor Otis called the wrath of God down on the congregation and my car got hit by lightening in the parking lot and miss Bambi fainted in my lap.
what+child.JPG

The most excitement I'd had in 6 months!

2users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down1users disliked this commentRufus_t_firefly • 2 hours 5 minutes ago Report Abuse
and the optional - of course - 100 mile extension cord is priced at an additional $7500.00

0users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down2users disliked this commentRufus_t_firefly • 2 hours 7 minutes ago Report Abuse
a hybrid Cadillac ?
I can hardly wait for the Bentley hybrid.

Your old avatar

Link:
2014 Cadillac ELR, a Caddy coupe de Volt, emerges | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

For those that want to see RTFs comment click "more" 3 or so times.

Have you never seen Duck Soup? There are a lot of Mr. Fireflys out there on the net. Many of them are coincidentally from Freedonia...

Last edited:
HAHA I see at least 100 posts. RTF you have been a very busy man. The Caddy thing is gone now.

And yes I prefer GM cars too RT but I'm getting REAL FOND of Volkswagens now. I have a Golf and when I can afford the right one I'll get a New Beetle. I love the way they drive. Think I'll keep my 73 Buick for awhile though.

OK folks - after some thought and at the request of the OP we are going to close this thread - let me explain why.....

Not only is it causing a rift with members, but it's hammered home the fact the rift was self-inflicted - we have rotten titles.

Our forum software assigns those usertitles that we endure and the Hall of Fame designation was work around for extraordinary members who also disliked Guru. It has become clear in this thread that most folks dislike Guru.

So here's what we're going to do. Change the stock titles.

Our current scheme is:
newbie member 5 posts
veteran member 25
senior member 100
guru 500

In the next few days we'll be asking for your input on a new scheme for usertitles and we can set this whole poll thing out to pasture \

Thanks for understanding :flowers:

OK folks - after some thought and at the request of the OP we are going to close this thread - let me explain why.....

Not only is it causing a rift with members, but it's hammered home the fact the rift was self-inflicted - we have rotten titles.

Our forum software assigns those usertitles that we endure and the Hall of Fame designation was work around for extraordinary members who also disliked Guru. It has become clear in this thread that most folks dislike Guru.

So here's what we're going to do. Change the stock titles.

Our current scheme is:
newbie member 5 posts
veteran member 25
senior member 100
guru 500

In the next few days we'll be asking for your input on a new scheme for usertitles and we can set this whole poll thing out to pasture \

Thanks for understanding :flowers:

Well dammit!!!! I just found this thread and I was all jazzed about being nominated!

Oh well. It is the thought that counts. Thanks guys and thanks for making Trawler Forum what it is. I respect each and every one of you and even like a few!!!...;);):rofl::rofl::D:D Seriously, keep up the good work and at the very least, respect each other!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom